Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which is your favourite lens & why?

Hi All,

Another vote for the Canon 300mm f2.8 - does everything it says on the tin - bloomin' fast AF & super accurate, too. When you put a 1D iv on the end of it everything else seems arthritic. When I use the 7D it seems so slow, even though I know it isn't.

TTFN,
    Neil
    Neilly's Flickr Page
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/60833437@N08/
    Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Neil-...67642190098333

Comment

My favourite lens is the 17-85, I make the most of my photo's with it. And I find it the best allround lens for the crop camera's at this moment. May be the 15-85 is some better, but I don't think you can see that. And I like offcourse my 50 mm 1.8.
      With kind regards,
      Friso

Canon EOS 70D | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 | Canon EFS 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6mm IS STM | Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 |

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128548396@N08/

Comment

My EFS 17 - 55 2.8 IS USM is a real stunner the first lens I brought, well pleased with the low light level performance and when I get it right the sharpness and IQ can rival "L" lenses. having said that I have recently brought (2 weeks ago) the 70-200L IS not used it much yet but I know I am going to love it.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by raymon View Post
          I have recently brought (2 weeks ago) the 70-200L IS not used it much yet but I know I am going to love it.
          Did you buy the f2.8 or f4 version?
          Regards Eddie.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Another fan of the 300 f2.8IS. Happy with speed of focussing on my 7D, but no 1D to compare. Came into its own on safari in Zambia last year - lots of low light situations. Its just fab. Works well with 1.4x and OK with 2x . Bit heavy mind..

Comment

Mine is the EF100-400 F4.5/5.6L IS USM on my 5D MkII. Even though this is my second version I tend to use this as my walkabout lens. Second is my 24-105 L.

Yes I know it's heavy combined with the body but placed on my Sherpa Pro carbon fibre monopod is a joy to use. Use it for wildlife and different prospective on landscapes.

Pin sharp and IQ is excellent.
              Slàinte,

Malkie

I would be grateful for all constructive comments both good and not so good. I wont bite

Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic

Comment

My favourite lens is the Carl Zeiss T* ZE 21 f2.8 because it is a very sharp lens. It is a manual focusing lens without Image Stabilisation.

Comment

The only lens I own is a 24-105L and I think it's fantastic. It's a general purpose lens and will suit most occasions.

Comment

Favorite, hmmm, well that probably won't be the same as best and is a toughie to pick just one. I'll even avoid listing the runners up to avoid semi-choosing...
                    Okay, it was quite simple really, it was always going to be the 14mm mk II. You have to think creatively when using it or you are wasting your time...

Comment

My old EF 80-200mm f/2.8L slow (non USM) focus but wide open it is just sooooooooooooo good, heavy yes, bit dark round the corners full frame yes, but well deserved of the name 'magic drain pipe'
                      Regards

Keith

My Flickr

Comment

Working...
                      X