X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Replacing my 18-55 with the 15-85?

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for your advice

Did you recently get the 15-85? I'm at a cross roads in that I would like the 24-105 plus my 10-20 or 10-22, but i'm thinking that the 15-85 might be a nice happy medium so i wouldn't have to change lenses so often, however if i did want to go past the 85mm end i would still have to change lenses. My problem is I love wide angle but i also like the option to zoom as i can't always get closer to take the shot. Its a difficult one.

I pretty much do street photography most of the time so do need a good range to take the shots. I do like the good IQ so i'm not sure a super zoom like the 18-200 would cut it. I think having a decent walk around is nice because that suits my style.

Anyway i'm curious to hear how you get on with the 15-85 and what your'e thoughts are so far

Cheers

Jon

Comment

Jon, in my opinion the 15-85 is even superiour (in image quality, sharpness, quality feel and quiet fast focus) to the 55-250, which I love too though.

Allthough if your able to stretch your budget to the 24-105 that's great. I'm very excited to see your pictures after this nice new goodie ;)
      Last edited by vdzande; 02-06-2011, 08:56.
      Do feel free to comment on any of my contributions.
      EOS-500D. Flickr: _rutger_

Comment

Jon,
        I had limited use of the 15-85 over the long weekend, but was mainly using a telephoto.

I do not have enough experience of it to advise, sorry. It suits my needs very well, but only you can decide what range of lens/lenses suit your needs.

Comment

Hugh and Vdzande,

I just purchased the 15-85, i thought it was the best choice in the end! I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks for all your advice

Comment

Hope it gives you years of great photos! Looking forward to hearing your comments on it too.
            John

Comment

Working...
            X