Shooting directly at the sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting directly at the sun

Dear People please advise I shot a load of images during the day with the sun directly in my images at the peak of the day. The results were that most of the images were visually good, but is there a down side at pointing an EOS lens directly in the direction of the sun.

Thank you

Re: Shooting directly at the sun

You can damage the sensors (both AF and Image sensors) if the sun is strong and you have a telephoto. Also you run a slight risk via the viewfinder and damaging your eye. So that's the biggest risk ... an EOS body can be repaired / replaced ... a damaged eye ... well for one it'll hurt a lot and for two it may be damaged for good.

btw - Your font is rather loud ... you should edit your message and shrink it to a forum friendly font size ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by george bear View Post
      you can damage the sensors (both af and image sensors) if the sun is strong and you have a telephoto. Also you run a slight risk via the viewfinder and damaging your eye. So that's the biggest risk ... An eos body can be repaired / replaced ... A damaged eye ... Well for one it'll hurt a lot and for two it may be damaged for good.

Btw - your font is rather loud ... You should edit your message and shrink it to a forum friendly font size ;-)
      you did't get the joke then?

Comment

I did shoot a load of images yesterday afternoon in London with a blazing sun & at the end of the day shot a load more of a setting sun mainly of trees and housing back lit and they came out fine, but I will keep that in mind.
        Thanks

Comment

It's not often I genuinely LOL, but I did at this one.
          Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Working...
          X