X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TC compatilbity Canon Sigma

A side issue question arising from previous post
    EF Series lll 1.4x TC and Sigma Lens?

I have a Canon EF 100-400mm 1:4.5-5.6 L IS 11 USM and Canon TC EF 1.4x 111 and a Sigma 150-600mm(Canon mount) 1:5-5.3 C and Sigma TC 1.4xEXDG(Canon mount) with a Canon 80D and Canon 6D cameras.
    My question is are these all interchangeable ie, can I use the Sigma lens with the Canon TC on one or both of my cameras.
    Gary Cantwell LSINWP. ASINWP.

I think if you spoke to almost everyone, they would recommend only using TCs with the lenses they were intended for. I believe Sigma specifies the Sigma TC-1401 for the 150-600 (both Sport and Contemporary. Ditto with Canon TCs and compatible Canon lenses. I think you’d achieve best results following that rule and suggest you check for specific compatibility at Canon and Sigma’s websites.

Comment

Originally posted by tloewenberg View Post
      I think if you spoke to almost everyone, they would recommend only using TCs with the lenses they were intended for. I believe Sigma specifies the Sigma TC-1401 for the 150-600 (both Sport and Contemporary. Ditto with Canon TCs and compatible Canon lenses. I think you’d achieve best results following that rule and suggest you check for specific compatibility at Canon and Sigma’s websites.
      Thank you for your input
      Gary Cantwell LSINWP. ASINWP.

Comment

I'm interested in this compatibility too. I have a Canon 100-400 L lens and was looking to buy a 1.4 teleconverter, however for the amount of use I'd get from it, I find it hard to justify the price of the Canon one, so was wondering about using the Sigma with the Canon lens. I really can't find a definitive answer anywhere - I do realise Canon lens & teleconverter (or Sigma lens and teleconverter) would be the best option, but I'd like to know what does and doesn't work with the Canon lens & Sigma teleconverter.
        Canon EOS 6D Mk II, 700D, Canon 24-105mm L, 100-400mm, 100mm f2.8 L Macro.

Comment

I use a Kenko 1.4 tc with my 500 F4.5 lens, the Canon won't work in autofocus. I do use the 2x Canon tc on the 500mm in manual focus for some hide work when I need that extra reach. Using the mk1 Canon 100-400, the kenko wouldn't work properly in auto focus, but the Canon does. With my 1Div body, I could use the 100-400 lens with the 2x Canon and get slow autofocus in in "live mode", ok for stuff not moving around too quickly.
          Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Working...
          X