Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your dream Canon lens?

Mine is the EF 200-400 F4L IS USM Extender 1.4x

If I never win the lottery I will never own it!

Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

A very wise choice.
    Colin

Comment

Mine as well. Must admit I have very seriously thought about getting one, and have approached the subject with Mrs B. Only to be told you need to get rid of all the other stuff you got first.
      I have a very bad habit of when I up-grade a camera or lens, I never get rid of the old ones. I suppose that could be a task during lockdown, only problem its a buyers market at the moment, and I don't want to have to sell anything for what I told her I paid for it.
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
        ...I don't want to have to sell anything for what I told her I paid for it.
        How I explain it to SWMBO is that I tell her what the daily rental for that equipment is, then I show her how much I saved buy the purchase and resale of the equipment. At which point she rolls her eyes and shakes her head.

Also the lens I'm currently eyeing is the RF 70-200L f/2.8.

Tom
        Last edited by tesarver; 02-04-2020, 22:23.

Comment

My dream Canon lens is the Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II lens.
          It will remain a dream as it is too heavy for me and my bad back.
          I had the temporary use of Chris's (Wrinklerocker) 300mm f/2.8L lens which proved it was far too heavy for me.
          It's a lovely lens.
          Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
          Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post

How I explain it to SWMBO is that I tell her what the daily rental for that equipment is, then I show her how much I saved buy the purchase and resale of the equipment. At which point she rolls her eyes and shakes her head.

Also the lens I'm currently eyeing is the RF 70-200L f/2.8.

Tom
            Tom, you are opening yourself up to Blackmail -- now what is your wives telephone number
            Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

I'd love a 200/2, but the price would never make sense for the use I'd get from it...

Ditto for one of the TSE lenses (24 maybe).

Rather annoyingly there's a much more reasonably priced used 200 at one of the UK shops... well as of about a week ago anyway... must resist...

Comment

800 f5.6 would be rather nice
                Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

5 or 600 mm f4 would do me , whish I had gone for one of those instead of my 300mm f2.8 , as much as I love that lens I nearly always have a tele converter attached for the extra reach .

Comment

Originally posted by Canon Fan View Post

If I never win the lottery I will never own it!
                    Had chance to try one on a trip as one of the party had one. Very impressive lens but the weight was an issue for me and its not usually worry about.

Whilst still a bit heavy I'd go for 500 f4. Cracking lens and works brilliantly with 1.4TC if needed.
                    Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Working...
                    X