Used lenses-mpb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used lenses-mpb

Thinking of upgrading from some of my older lenses ,been looking on mpb website - anybody had any dealings and how good/bad

Any info would be appreciated

Used them to buy a 400mm lens. They were very efficient, the delivery was a 2 hour slot which helped. The lens was just as described. Would use them again.

Chris

Comment

I use MPB for all my kit including my 7D,everything has a six month warranty.

I've never had any problems with them over the two years of buying from them.They use DPD as their courier and you get a one hour delivery slot on the day.

Hope that helps you.

Comment

I have only sold kit to them. So easy to do. They arrange collection and give a fair price. The money was in my bank account within a couple of days.

Comment

I would be very wary at the moment in using this company. I still await the return of a £1000 pound lens and getting nothing but the run around. Also check Companies house they have more than a few outstanding court cases pending. We are in strange time so be very careful.

Comment

....I've bought and sold with them with only one issue in 5 years....which was that .I bought an 'as new' lens which had the gasket significantly damaged...they swapped it very quickly with no hassle.

Treff ...........sorry to hear you've had problems , perhaps I should be more cautious.
            Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Last year I sold a lens to them and I got more money than I expected!

My friend uses them all the time, selling and up grading lens.
              Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

I can only repeat to be very careful strange time with companies of every persuasion finding themselves in difficulty. Last year was a different time it is in the now you have to think about. Again be very careful with your equipment and with your cash.

Comment

I brought my 7Dmkll from them , said it was mint boxed with manuals ect ect , Camera was fine and was pleased , took a couple of calls to get a dog eared manual not included , a cable was missing , not the one we use most , there were no disks ect , with the box . So I did feel it was a bit exaggerated sales wise , but I did get a manual in the end all be it tatty and not as nice condition as the camera . I not really had the pennies to use them again , likely would , but they do seem to get their share of complaints as well as praises .

Comment

Treff - where did you get the information regarding court cases - I could not see that on the Companies House website - they do have a number of charges against the company listed there, but these are financial charges (i.e. related to loans etc) which the company will have to satisfy some time in the future.
                    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

When I read through there was 9 cases pending and 7 satisfied. What they were for I do not know.
                      An update to my own case is that I left a rather dissatisfied review on Trust pilot yesterday and this morning MPB got in touch and within 15 minutes my case was resolved. This is after almost 3 weeks
                      of chasing them. There had been some sort of communications breakdown between departments. This can happen in any company and I feel no ill will towards the company. When it was discovered they acted immediately. Would I use them again? I really do not know.

Comment

I can only reiterate my experience of MPB despite some"apparent"issues Treff has dug up.

In the last two years I have bought 2 camera bodies and five lenses(the sixth.bought from Camera Jungle) plus two battery grips and a CF card recently.

At no time have there been any problems whatsoever and I'll continue to buy from them in the future.

The reasons Treff was digging for dirt elude me.

Comment

I too have always been pleased in my dealings with MPB, both in selling and buying. Prompt service and on one occasion I got more for gear I sold than they originally quoted as the condition was better than I rated it.
                          EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Thanks for everyone's input

Comment

Working...
                            X