Canon Rumors New Lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon Rumors New Lens

On the Canon Rumors website they mention some likely new lens that Canon may be making.

Two of them are…...

Canon RF 600mm f/11 DO IS STM
    Canon RF 800mm f/11 DO IS STM

Would F11 on a large lens like that be of any good?

Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

What does DO IS STM mean --- Do I start saving the money. I think you will need to if you got these two on your shopping list
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Seem to recall that DO was diffracive optics
      Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

DO lenses I believe help keep the size and weight down , IS we know is stabilisation , and the STM is something to do with the lens motors . I don`t think that RF mount is any good to me and you Trev unless we change bodies to mirrorless ? And F11 seems a very slow aperture for such long focal lengths to me .

Comment

Yes STM is stepping motor....in lenses its quieter for videographers. DO provides a much smaller package by optical trickery.
          Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Given that the current range of Canon mirrorless cameras can focus at f/11 Af isn't going to be too much of an issue. What is interesting is the use of DO glass, so for the focal length these are going to be reasonably compact options. The STM Af motor would meen that AF speed isn't going to be slow either. All very interesting indeed.

Comment

Working...
            X