1.4x or 2x extender/tele converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.4x or 2x extender/tele converter

Has anyone here had experience of either of these, I'm tempted to go for the 2.0x as it should open up possibilities for wildlife...from what Ive read its better than the EF versions, but my gut feeling is still that a 2x will cause too much degradation.?
    I'll be using this with an RF 100-500 that Ive just ordered.
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Far better to get yourself closer to the subject - I always tell people , learn your subject, study their behaviour, gain a knowledge of stalking and concealment.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Brian, can you not just hire one for a long weekend and do your own trials?

Comment

I use both of these extenders, including on my C100 movie camera, I know of several good toggers who have used them for years, thing is remember what it does to the aperture and adjust accordingly, I use the 2x with the 100-400 as I can with the C100, but I cannot go over f8 with the dslr's as the software won't let you.
        Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Originally posted by @imagesBV View Post
          Has anyone here had experience of either of these, I'm tempted to go for the 2.0x as it should open up possibilities for wildlife...from what Ive read its better than the EF versions, but my gut feeling is still that a 2x will cause too much degradation.?
          I'll be using this with an RF 100-500 that Ive just ordered.
          This was taken by a pal of mine, if you look at the info, it was shot with a 2x on an f4 500 lens with an R6
          Little Egret by Ronald Mitchell, on Flickr
          Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Thanks Dave, I'd not thought of hiring one.

I believe the R6 can still focus at lest to F16 or even 22....not sure what that does to IQ....The photo of the little egret doesnt seem to have suffered, but it was taken with a prime lens.
            Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

I've decided on the 2X....and will post example images when new lens and extender arrive.
              Thanks again.
              Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Working...
              X