Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help please

My teenage son has obtained my efs 18-135 USM lens and the chances of getting it back is nil
    should I buy a used 24-105 or 24-70 for my 70d as a walk about lens or has anybody got any thoughts on a different replacement lens/manufacturer
    ​​​​​​

Personally I would go for the 24-105mm, give that little more reach over the 24-70mm
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

How much did you use the wide end of the 18-135? 24mm on an APS format camera is not very wide, unless you have a wide zoom that covers the gap, eg Sigma 10-22, you might find a 24-xxx a bit restrictive...

Are you think of going full frame in the future? If not why not replace like for like?
      Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

When I purchased my 5D mark IV I too debated whether to get the 24 - 105 or not; in the end I did go for the 24 - 105 as it has a little more reach.
        It is my ‘go to’ lens and the one which I use nearly all of the time for my photography, I have not {so far} had the need for a wide angle lens, but that is just my prefernce.

Rose

Comment

Thanks everyone I have an 10-18 so have wide angled covered,just need to save for a 24-105,would I better with the MK1 on mk 2

Comment

If you got the pennies go for a Mk2 then go for it. I use the Mk1 and it does everything I want.
            Last edited by Trev B; 23-05-2023, 15:51.
            Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Working...
            X