Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A4 Photo Printer, recommendations please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A4 Photo Printer, recommendations please.

My Canon Bubble Jet i990 has died. I used it mainly for printing A4 photographs to enter in Camera Club competitions. It did me proud right up to the end.I have framed photos up on the walls around the house, and they have never faded. Always use Canon ink and Canon photographic paper.
    I am looking for a replacement. Don’t want an A3 printer. I reuse my competition mounts and the aperture is cut for A4!
    What do you think of the CANON PIXMA G4511 MegaTank All-in-One Wireless Inkjet Printer? My reservation is that it uses 4 colours, not 7 that my old one did.
    I would value your opinion. Thanks.

Janet

Canon 90D, 77D, Plus a load of lenses, especially macro.
    http://www.leighcameraclub.co.uk/

Hi Jan,
    I bought a Canon G550 recently, after my previous Canon Pixma died and after some initial minor problems, sorted out through the helpline I've never looked back. It has six separate tanks which are filled up from individual supplied bottles. I've printed lots of full colour A4 photos on Canon paper and numerous printed sheets and the tanks are still almost full. Quality is great and I recommend it.

Comment

Thanks for replying.
      I finally went for the Pixma G650. Reviews seemed good, apart from instructions setting up. So I put it off for a month, then covered floor and desk with towels in case I spilled the ink. No problem, it was easy, and the ink would not come out of the bottle until it was in position, phew! It even told me I could update the driver, and would I allow it to do it!
      Normal printing is fine, but have not experimented with photos yet.
      Janet

Canon 90D, 77D, Plus a load of lenses, especially macro.
      http://www.leighcameraclub.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
      X