Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightroom 4 Today only – 23 Nov, 2012 for £71.34

Hi guys

Got an email from adobe today saying that for today only Lightroom 4 is only £71.34.

Today only – 23 Nov, 2012:
    Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4
    £71.34 (incl. VAT)*
    Use promo code: BFDAY2012
    Or call 0800 0280148
    for Adobe Sales.

John

Or only £69.60 if you have them ship you the box instead of downloading!

I've just bought a copy. Thanks for the heads-up!
    Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Just noticed that if you use Johns code you get 33% off, but if you use the code shown on the Adobe site (BF2012) you only get 20% off!
      Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Re: Lightroom 4 Today only – 23 Nov, 2012 for £71.34

Originally posted by S_J_P View Post
        Just noticed that if you use Johns code you get 33% off, but if you use the code shown on the Adobe site (BF2012) you only get 20% off!
        I had noticed that Kiwigav had mentioned the 20% offer, but 33% is roughly £12 better, but unfortunately today only

John

Comment

If any of you have kids at school or University don't forget the Student rates at Adobe! Suspect the teachers amongst you are well aware of this.

Andrew
          Andrew

Comment

I've never been too sure how much "proof" Adobe require, so I've been reticent to try. My kids are at primary school, and I can't really justify LR for them in my own mind let alone Adobe's mind!

Comment

Steve,
              All you need is a letter on school letterhead from the school confirming the fact they are enrolled there.
              If I remember correctly the Adobe website gives you roughly the wording that you need in the letter.
              LR works out at somewhere just below £50 through the education scheme and I think you can have it on two computers.
              David

Comment

Originally posted by John27 View Post
                I had noticed that Kiwigav had mentioned the 20% offer, but 33% is roughly £12 better, but unfortunately today only

John
                Adobe musn't love me as much as they do you, as they didn't bother sending that code to me!

If you ever see one for Photoshop 6 let me know, I'm on 4 and have tried the new tools on 6 and love it, but at £189 for an upgrade I can't currently justify it.

I had planned on upgrading to a suite so I could get InDesign, but Adobe changed their upgrade packages, you can't go from standalone to Suites any more. If I had of got CS5.5 the day before 6 came out I would have got a free upgrade to 6, but oh no I figured I'd wait! Silly me!
                Sorry I've not been around much. Sadly the ankle surgery and carpal tunnel surgery have both been unsuccessful, so have to wait and see what happens next. I hope to be shooting a lot more in the future!

Twitter: @PicturesqueScot

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigav View Post
                  Adobe musn't love me as much as they do you, as they didn't bother sending that code to me!

If you ever see one for Photoshop 6 let me know, I'm on 4 and have tried the new tools on 6 and love it, but at £189 for an upgrade I can't currently justify it.

I had planned on upgrading to a suite so I could get InDesign, but Adobe changed their upgrade packages, you can't go from standalone to Suites any more. If I had of got CS5.5 the day before 6 came out I would have got a free upgrade to 6, but oh no I figured I'd wait! Silly me!
                  The following is from Adobes FAQ page about the latest upgrade policy, basically they want us to upgrade to each new release, or pay full price:

What is Adobe's upgrade policy for Creative Suite 6?

Adobe allows upgrades to CS6 individual products and suite editions from one version back (which in this case is CS5 and CS5.5, due to the interim CS5.5 release). For example, if you have a validly licensed copy of Photoshop CS5, you can upgrade to Photoshop CS6 at the upgrade price. Owners of individual products are not eligible to upgrade to suite editions.

Although under this upgrade policy, owners of CS3 and CS4 products are not eligible for upgrade pricing, we are making a special offer to CS3 and CS4 customers that will give them a temporary upgrade path to CS6 until December 31, 2012. After that date, only customers on CS5 or CS5.5 will qualify for upgrade pricing to CS6. Learn more about the special offer.

John

Comment

Thanks John,
                    It's so frustrating! They used to offer Single item to the creative suites upgrade and gave about 2/3 of the price of your standalone software off the suite. Which reduced the price of the Suite by around £440 if you had a copy of Photoshop. Buying it outright and spending £1227 is not in my budget. I'll probably upgrade to CS6, but won't bother buying a suite or other Adobe standalone software such as InDesign and Illustrator and instead use free similar software:

Scribus (InDesign)

Inkscape (Illustrator)
                    Inkscape is professional quality vector graphics software which runs on Linux, Mac OS X and Windows desktop computers.

Just I want to learn about page layout for articles, as I've not had any practice in page layout software since 1999 and that was using Quark, I've only been working on the photography & website side of things since.
                    Sorry I've not been around much. Sadly the ankle surgery and carpal tunnel surgery have both been unsuccessful, so have to wait and see what happens next. I hope to be shooting a lot more in the future!

Comment

Who knows Gav, they may have a change of heart when people stop upgrading or even buying their software.

John

Comment

Yeah they asked me to fill in a form the other day when they sent out the voucher code and it was all about why I hadn't upgraded. My guess is their change of heart will come the day after I've made my purchase.

Comment

Working...
                        X