Problem with the latest version of DPP V4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with the latest version of DPP V4

I would be interested to know if anyone has used DPP v 4.11.0.2 which is the latest version. I have just updated to this version (Windows 8.2 laptop) and the tool palette is not allowing me to adjust overall image brightness. The slider is locked solid in the middle of the range and will not budge). I have tried JPEG images from a 1D2n and a 7D2 with the same result. However other tool options available for JPEG's seem to work ok. Very strange.

Re: Problem with the latest version of DPP V4

It's the same on Version 4.10.40.0 - RAW files are fine, but .jpgs are as you describe
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

There is a work-around!

Go to the Adjust image detail tab and in the Set adjustment area, increase the size of the area selection circle to cover the whole image.

You can then use the Brightness slider in the adjustment items to change the image as you desire.
      John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

As far as I'm aware the brightness control has never worked on JPEGs. On the older DPP3 the equivalent slider was on the raw development tab which was entirely greyed out for JPEG files. Exposure adjustments had to be made via the curves tab and this appears to be the same for DPP4.

Neat workaround from John though...
        Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

I asm also having a problem with this version of DPP, Ihave the new M6 mkII, when i try to edit a CR3 photo the program crashes. seems OK with CR2 files.

Comment

Working...
          X