EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software

Don't know if this is the right place for this..... apparently Canon have sneaked out a new bit of Software , The EOS Webcam Utility (Beta) , this could go down well at the present time given all the web based things that are going on (i recently tried to use the 5D4 with facebook and it wouldn't have it due to the lack of capture card....) and especially as it cuts out the need for a capture card ! The only downside for me at the moment is that you need Windows to run it but there is a Mac version pending . Further details HERE and HERE .
    I'll give it a go when the Mac one arrives......
    Canon Eos 5D Mark IV + EF 16-35 L MkII + Tamron 24-70 DI VC USD G2 + Sigma 150-600 DG OS HSM S
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/60783975@N03/

Fired up the old Windows Laptop ( Jesus i couldn't go back to using windows regularly again....) , Downloaded the software , loaded ok then tried it using Facebook Live on Firefox , didn't want to know . Tried it with Chrome and got it to work ok , will probably give it a go in daylight tomorrow to see if i can get it on the feeders . Also tried to test it with Youtube but Youtube wasn't playing ball , it wouldn't verify the code for using the stream . Will try again tomorrow . Quality seemed very good with FB .
    Canon Eos 5D Mark IV + EF 16-35 L MkII + Tamron 24-70 DI VC USD G2 + Sigma 150-600 DG OS HSM S

Comment

Just noting interest and waiting on the Mac version too!
      Canon EOS 6D Mk II, 700D, Canon 24-105mm L, 100-400mm, 100mm f2.8 L Macro.

Comment

This EOS Webcam Utility Beta would be seriously useful to me in current circumstances but I do not seem to be able to download viable software here in the UK.
        The download claims to have installed successfully but it does not appear as an application in the Windows start menu and I cannnot find an executable file in the program folder.
        I know i is not "supported" outside the US but Has anybody in the UK managed to get it working?
        Chris.
        EOS 750D (aka Rebel T6i)
        Windows 10 x64

Comment

Just tried it and it works ok but you need to make sure the EOS Utility isn't running as it will take over the camera
          Last edited by 2Beers; 07-07-2020, 14:14.
          Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

They finally have a Mac Beta on the USA site , haven't looked to see if it's on the UK one , Downloaded it , installs ok , have to switch off the Eos Utility or disable it from automatically starting . Tried it with Facebook , Doesn't work on Safari and Firefox seems to keep collapsing with it . Works on chrome . So a bit of a success !

Comment

Working...
            X