Adobe Camera Raw and R5 & R6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adobe Camera Raw and R5 & R6

I need to be specific about gear and software used as I've suddenly come to a halt with what are probably software issues.

My gear: have been a Canon user since the 1970s. Have just replaced previous bodies and lenses with R5 & R6 bodies plus RF 100-500mm and RF 24-105mm and have been excited about using when things ease up with Covid. Latest firmware upgrades installed today.

Software used: I've used Photoshop since the 1990s and currently use Photoshop cc2021 v.22.3 and Adobe Camera Raw v.13.2. I prefer not to get into Lightroom as Photoshop and Camera Raw meet my needs. This is used on desktop Mac running Catalina v.10.15.7. I held off installing Apple's latest operating system (Big Sur) as there are always compatibility issues with a new O.S.

I use Bridge to search for RAW files then process initially in Adobe Camera Raw. Try as I may I cannot even see the images in ACR so I can't load them. I can see them individually if I go through Finder - they load up into ACR but that is slow.

Does anyone know if this is an issue with Adobe, the new Canon bodies (they have been out for several months now) or Apple?

There may something blindingly obvious but I can't work it out. I know there were problems highlighted on the internet last year - do they still exist? Sorry if this has arisen on this forum before after a quick search I couldn't see anything.

Robert

I forgot to add that the following message appears when I try to load RAW images "The file ...........CR3 could not be opened. Preview currently does not support this raw file format"

Robert

Comment

Working...
    X