Best Free Photo Software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Free Photo Software?

Any idea what the best FREE photo software is?

I currently use the FREE Adobe Lightroom Classic, but just wondering if there is a better one.

Thanks.

Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

What's wrong with Canon DPP, that's all I use if I got too. Plus I have an old version of Elements, I think its 10
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Originally posted by Colin W View Post
      Any idea what the best FREE photo software is?

I currently use the FREE Adobe Lightroom Classic, .
      ?

According to Adobe LR Classic is £9.98/month...

For basic stuff FastStone works OK but doesn't do layers and appears not to have had any update for some time.
      Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

I can't get my head around any software but the members at a group I go to all use Affinity.
        It's not free but is a one off payment of £40 (approx) but then all upgrades are free.
        Looks very much like Lightroom/Photoshop.

Comment

One free photo editing software I forgot about is the GIMP option. This is an open source software which is completely free. I have played about with it in the past and it does pretty the same as PS although not necessarily in quite the same way or as fast. The versions I tried did not have any kind of raw processing capability though that might have changed - I have no experience with the current version.

On the downside it can be a little bug ridden and versions I tried were prone to the occasional crash - even when claimed to be stable - and it may help to be a bit of a computer geek...
          Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Anyone tried Gimp?
            Sometimes I drink water. I like to give my liver an occasional surprise!

Comment

Also use affinity photo ,also has good online video tutorials as well

Comment

Thank you all for your replies. I will give some a go, first on my list then is the Canon DPP, one I have never used.
                Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Working...
                X