DPP4 - Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DPP4 - Problems

I have been having problems with DPP4 since a couple of years, but somehow when I got it to stabilize I managed to process my RAW photos. Since a few weeks, it has gotten terribly unstable and several times I have lost the work I did. Today it turned itself off spontaneously before I could save changes or convert and save. One of the problems is that it is also terribly slow in loading and displaying clear (nonblur) images (both thumbnails and blown up). I wonder why it has become so unstable. Could it be some spontaneous glitch that can be corrected, or should I have to uninstall it and download it again from a Canon website? Did anyone else have similar problems?
    Vasilis
    EOS 5D MK IV, EF 50/f1.4, EF 100/f2.8 Macro, EF20/f2.8, EF24-105/f4L IS, EF 100-400/f4.5-5.6 L IS, TS-E24/f3.5L, EF 75-300/f4-5.6, Canon Extender EF 2X II, Sigma 12-24mm/f4.4-5.6.

I do use DDP4 occasionally on both a Mac and a PC laptop and I haven’t seen the problems that you are encountering. It might be worthwhile to check if your device has the working memory to support it. Also it will need a reasonably good graphics capability to run the program. Both are good reasons why it might be slow and unstable. The Canon website may have information about what minimum specification a computer needs to have.
    Are you using any other graphics software and how is that behaving? If DDP4 has got corrupted then deletion and a re-install will be the answer.

Ian
    Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Thanks for your response, Ian. I have been using DPP4 on this PC for a number of years and initially, I had no serious problems. However, at a point in time, there were some glitches but the situation has been deteriorating over the last few weeks. I am using also Photoshop Elements 2019 which works well and a number of other software involving graphics without problems. I guess you are right that I should uninstall and reinstall DPP4.
      Regards,
      Vasilis
      EOS 5D MK IV, EF 50/f1.4, EF 100/f2.8 Macro, EF20/f2.8, EF24-105/f4L IS, EF 100-400/f4.5-5.6 L IS, TS-E24/f3.5L, EF 75-300/f4-5.6, Canon Extender EF 2X II, Sigma 12-24mm/f4.4-5.6.

Comment

Ian's comment on computer resources was my immediate thought as graphics software is very, very memory hungry.
        Hope you get it sorted.

Cheers,
        John

Comment

A bit late in responding, but I have had a similar problem and Found my computer hardware wasn't powerful enough and am having a serious upgrade!

Comment

I've been having these issues with Lightroom, every time I load it up, it crashes after I've edited 1 image. I was going to start using DPP but if people are having issues with it that I'm having on a different software, looks like it's a laptop issue. Best look into that before I do anything else

Comment

Much later ........I finally upgraded my computer & solved the speed issue, however I am now having problems downloading the EOS Utillity!

Comment

Working...
              X