• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riggers
    replied
    Re: NOISE REDUCTION IN PHOTOSHOP

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
    i use imageonic (noise ware) as a ps6 or elements plug in .its very simple just use your magic wand to outline the subject the select inverse to layer it .open and apply noise reduction then select inverse again and then layer via copy ,resize image apply sharpening as required job done quicker to do than to type this .
    You make it sound so easy but making that selection accurately is the bit I find too hard.

Leave a comment:

• the black fox
    replied

i use imageonic (noise ware) as a ps6 or elements plug in .its very simple just use your magic wand to outline the subject the select inverse to layer it .open and apply noise reduction then select inverse again and then layer via copy ,resize image apply sharpening as required job done quicker to do than to type this .

Leave a comment:

• antoeknee
    replied

Originally posted by Papathanassi View Post
    You have some patience to go to all that trouble Alan? I found it by playing around in Photoshop, yesterday I did a search "Photoshop Surface Blur" it seems that it was designed for softening skin on photo subjects. We can always learn.

Papa.
    Of course if your going to use the same steps each time, record steps and assign a keystroke (Alt-S for example).

Each time you want to use you just press the keystroke you've assigned.

Leave a comment:

• Riggers
    replied

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
    I apply Noise reduction in camera- Canon 6D and it is good as far as it goes. Also saves a lot of messing around.
    That only works with JPEG not RAW so is not a great option for anyone wanting to do a decent job of post processing.

Leave a comment:

• Nathaniel
    replied

I apply Noise reduction in camera- Canon 6D and it is good as far as it goes. Also saves a lot of messing around.

Leave a comment:

• wayne2418
    replied

OOPS panic over .. I've found it under the filter tab ...

Leave a comment:

• wayne2418
    replied

Right then this neat image program.I have just downloaded it,and installed it ..so how do I use it ... any advise please..cheers.

Leave a comment:

• Stan
    replied

You can always use another image shot at the same ISO for Neat image, ideally from the same shoot.
    thats an idea

Stan

Leave a comment:

• wayne2418
    replied

Thats a handy littlle link Raj ..cheers.

Leave a comment:

• rajjayaraj
    replied

This nicely explains the difference between each blur.
    Raj

Leave a comment:

• Paulstw
    replied

You can also duplicate the layer, then on the top layer do a little Gaussian blur, then mask over the bird revealing the underlying layer with the bird in focus.

Leave a comment:

• DrJon
    replied

You can always use another image shot at the same ISO for Neat image, ideally from the same shoot.

Leave a comment:

• Stan
    replied

If you have a raw image you're better off doing the noise reduction in ACR
    I prefer to use neat image as with the version of PS I have HR in ACR applies it to the whole image and most of the time i want to restrict it to the background only via a layer mask.

As I said in the original thread Papas idea is an excellent alternative for me when as sometimes happens,neat image cant find a decent area to use for the nr

Stan

Leave a comment:

• DrJon
    replied

If you have a raw image you're better off doing the noise reduction in ACR, IMHO...
    If not I'd suggest Neat Image :-)

Leave a comment:

• Papathanassi
    replied

You have some patience to go to all that trouble Alan? I found it by playing around in Photoshop, yesterday I did a search "Photoshop Surface Blur" it seems that it was designed for softening skin on photo subjects. We can always learn.

Papa.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X