• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paul linton
    replied
    Re: Just got Photoshop.

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
    Thats what I aim to do. I have already made an advance booking on a PSE course at Deeside College, to start in the autumn.
    Well done Nat
    It will teach you the basics and from there you'll have a greater understanding of what the software can do

Paul

Leave a comment:

• DeeGee
    replied

Nat.

Best of luck with the course. What I've found locally clashes with my work hours. I'll find something eventually but for now will rely on Youtube and books.

Phil, Thanks for that. Found him and book marked. Alas not had chance to do anything this weekend. Real life and work does seem to intrude.

Leave a comment:

• amphil007
    replied

Di, subscibe to Gavin Hoey on You Tube.......he's taught me everything I know

Leave a comment:

• Nathaniel
    replied

Thats what I aim to do. I have already made an advance booking on a PSE course at Deeside College, to start in the autumn.

Leave a comment:

• DeeGee
    replied

Originally posted by Alan Campbell View Post
    Hi Di
    Well done on what you have done so far.
    just out of curiosity, hows about starting a new thread here and telling everyone including me how you made the borders and saved as a brush.
    It sounds a good idea.

Alan
    Not a bad idea, when I've had two or three goes so its set in my brain I will.

Leave a comment:

• Alan Campbell
    replied

Hi Di
    Well done on what you have done so far.
    just out of curiosity, hows about starting a new thread here and telling everyone including me how you made the borders and saved as a brush.
    It sounds a good idea.

Alan

Leave a comment:

• paul linton
    replied

Hi Di
    I used Photoshop for years but still couldn't get my head around what it could do, I then when to my local college and did a level 1 coarse and eventually went on to do level 3 in Photoshop editing what an eye opener took all the guess work out of all those icons files and sub folders for the first time i now know what they can all do

Paul

Leave a comment:

• colin C
    replied

A Watermark heh? That's more than I have ever managed!

Leave a comment:

• DeeGee
    replied

One video tutorial down and millions to go by the looks of things. Done a border in photoshop. Will work on the water mark next.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• colin C
    replied

When I first started using Photoshop, I think it was Photoshop 2 .............. not CS2, just 2. It came with a manual as thick as War and Peace and when I thought I was ready to start using "Layers", I read the chapter on layers. By the time I had finished the chapter, I knew much less about the subject than before I started.

The training books and videos available now are superb and quite easy to understand compared to then and I wish you well in your new adventure Di.

Leave a comment:

• DeeGee
    replied

Might invest in the book. Been using GNU so that as almost become second nature, forgot about Youtube for a moment, been on and found quite a few videos. Thanks for the mental reminder.

Also very handy site that. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied

I have just moved from Photoshop Essentials to Photoshop CC, and it is a bit of a learning curve for me.
    Last night whilst looking for something I found this handy image of all tools...

A useful overview of the tools, might help you a bit.

Leave a comment:

• John27
    replied

Take a screenshot, print it off, and write the descriptions on it, and sit it by your keyboard. Just a thought

John

Leave a comment:

• Muscat
    replied

Di I did the same as you when I first installed PS but found that apart from the Adobe online videos there is a wealth of info on YouTube and that is where I get most on my help, but to answer your question I don't believe it is possible.

Leave a comment:

• BobSapey
    replied

I don't think you can do this. I would recommend Adobe's Classroom in a Book, it's structured very well for learning the full range of Photoshop.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X