Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Grandkids, Mono or Colour - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grandkids, Mono or Colour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grandkids, Mono or Colour

Hi All,

I managed to get a few shots of my Grandkids without their Mum and Dad knowing and intend handing them over after mounting, just wondered who favours Colour or Mono?

13a by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

13 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

9b by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

9a by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

Paul

Re: Grandkids, Mono or Colour

Mono for me

Tom

Comment

Thanks for looking Tom, I thought you might say mono

Paul

Comment

A great set and respect for getting the little darlings to cooperate for the shoot (I point a camera at mine and they just pull silly faces).

As to mono or colour I can't choose

Cheers,
        John

Comment

I can't choose either (may lean towards colour), but love the last shot
          Regards
          Lez

5Ds // 5D Mark III //
          7D Mark II // 16-35 f4L // 24-70 f2.8L II //
          24-105 f4L II // 70-200 f4 L // 70-200 f2.8 Lis II // 50 f1.2L // 85 f1.8 //100 f2.8Lis // 200 f2.8L // 300 f4Lis // 1.4ex // .......... and a longer wish list

Comment

Colour for the back to back shot but mono for the second. For me colour adds a depth to the first shot that is lacking in it's mono form while in the second colour detracts from the strength of the shot which is the composition and the expressions.
            Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

For me it is the same as Nigel, colour for the first one, makes the kids stand out more. Mono for the second helps the humour.

Chris

Comment

I think colour....though I love the mono ones too.
                I’m no expert but in No2 mono the skin could be lightened just a tad?
                Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Both colour and mono work but I think mono edges it. The main framed shots of our grandchildren are all mono with 15 passport shots mounted in one frame for each of them, but they were taken when it was easier to keep their attention in the home studio, wouldn't be able to do them now
                  Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                  flickr

Comment

Thanks everyone, some interesting comments, I am pretty sure now I have settled on Mono

Paul

Comment

Love both, but the faces are more dominant in the Mono, especially the eyes. In the colour versions the reds and yellow jump out at you.
                      Janet

Canon 90D, 77D, Plus a load of lenses, especially macro.
                      http://www.leighcameraclub.co.uk/

Comment

Thanks Jan, you make a good point

Paul

Comment

Working...
                        X