Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Good enough for printing? - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good enough for printing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good enough for printing?

IMG_0285 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr
    Would this shot be good enough for a 10x8 print as it is,or not?I'd like to get it into my local Jessops/or use their upload software if possible.
    Or does it need more work in LR first,if so,what's needed please.If it's not good enough at all,I'll learn from your comments.

Roy

Re: Good enough for printing?

Is your concern that the statues are black....if so I think it will be ok as there is a good range of tones with highlights and deep blacks. You could try converting to black and white in lightroom to see if it still looks good on the screen...and then returning to colour to print
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Thanks Brian,my concern is more to do with are the figures sharp enough?

Comment

This might look quite nice as a B&W print but of course it's your choice.

It's a pity there weren't less people around but you could easily desaturate the reds in LR to quieten down the background- or remove the odd person- it's quite busy hence my B&W comment
        Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

I hadn't thought of turning it to B&W,I'll give it a try later.
          It was the Tall Ships festival,hence the crowds,how can I remove the odd person in LR?

Comment

Ah sorry you’ll have to do that part in photoshop
            Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

That's what I thought,I'll try B&W first,and then dialling back the reds for colour to see which works best.

Comment

It’s hard to say if it’s sharp enough at this resolution....depends on how big and at what distance you view it from.
                Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Working...
                X