Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 April 2017 Historical buildings - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

April 2017 Historical buildings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April 2017 Historical buildings

Thought I would start one just for Epicuros

It does not have to be anything in particular, let's say over 100 years old... Unless it has some architectural merit in which case it could be younger............ it is for fun and i do hope people comment on one another's images, it also allows each of us to see what others around the world deem as historical or as architecturally interesting buildings.........

basic rules as listed before

the basics (so far):

This is not a competition, it's purely for fun
    All photos should be your own and be taken within the month of the chosen theme
    You can post as many photos as you wish
    Comments on submitted photos are welcome
    Please include the exif details (these may be helpful to other members)
    Please use a Canon camera for your shots
    The chosen theme, should be as inclusive as possible

Let the fun begin
    Last edited by TonyT; 19-04-2017, 15:15.
    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Re: April 2017 Historical buildings

Sounds like a good idea, I understand there are a few old buildings in Greece.

As we're already over half way through April, may I suggest it goes on until the end of May?

BO
    Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

I thought that to re historical, have Pm'd him to let him know and adjusted it to May
      Last edited by TonyT; 19-04-2017, 15:43.
      Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

OH I look forward to joining in on this one

Comment

Today SWMBO and I went up to Birmingham to take her all-singing all-dancing embroidery machine for a service. While the work was being done, we pootled off to a couple of old houses in the area.

Below is Mosely Old Hall, where Charles II hid in a priest hole to escape the Parliamentarians after the Battle of Worcester. The house is Elizabethan and originally was timber framed with wattle and daub, but by Victorian times it had deteriorated so much that it had to be rebuilt using brick. There are traces of the original woodwork in the attics.

Moseley Old Hall by John Liddle, on Flickr
          John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Another from today's trip up to Birmingham - Northycote Farm, Bushbury - Elizabethan in origin (built about 1600), restored in the 1980s

Northycote Farm by John Liddle, on Flickr
            John Liddle

Comment

I like those John, the chimney tend to hint at the past, such a shame the first one had to be rebuilt as I can imagine the Victorians have embellished it somewhat, the second however, I love the original building showing with what I take are later extensions. Really well taken images

Comment

Two cracking well composed and exposed images and I hope everyone not only views them on Flickr but also enlarges them to appreciate the crisp detail

Cheers,
                John

Comment

to great shots John, well done
                  :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

my entry is my local castle (part of) at sunset ,built in the 1200's by edward the 1st it was the first in the ring of castles to contain the wild north wales tribes ,unfortunately there still wild these days ,the women being fearsome after a couple of pints
                    castle tower at sunset by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

Comment

Some lovely light there, Jeff.

John- love the detail available in our first shot.
                      Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

The buildings through the archway are those of Vicar's Close, Wells. Constructed in the 1400s, they form what is believed to be the only complete medieval street left in the UK. They were built to house the "Vicars Choral" who sang in the cathedral and perform that function to this day. Wonderful chimneys!

Vicar's Close, Wells by John Liddle, on Flickr
                        John Liddle

Comment

Another one from our travels - this time from Hereford. This is the Black & White House Museum, built in 1621. Since the building is B&W and the sky was grey, I thought mono the obvious choice!

B & W House Museum - Hereford by John Liddle, on Flickr
                          John Liddle

Comment

The Lock Rige Iron Furnace built in 1868. It was closed down in 1921 and abandoned.

3 image HDR handheld taken with the EOS-M5 and the Tamron 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 DI II VC HVL B023

Lock Ridge Iron Furnace by tesarver, on Flickr

For more history on the furnace click here

Comment

I can see why you needed HDR from the harsh shadows - you have pulled some great detail from the right hand wall.
                              John Liddle

Comment

Working...
                              X