Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 London Buses - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

London Buses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London Buses

Two from Oxford Street. I don’t believe I recall anything as a photograph but rather as an impression or series of impressions with colour, blur, noise and sometimes smell. But I can only do colour and blur here!

More buses by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

Buses come, buses go by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

Would love to know what you think...

Thanks for looking

Richard
    Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Re: London Buses

Vibrant and exciting comes to mind.
    Colin

Comment

I think I've said this before. It's not particularly my cup of tea but I'm extremely pleased that there are people like you out there doing it, if that makes sense!
      Chris
      80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Im so glad I went to Sp*csav*rs
        I do admire you for creating images like this Richard. Are they single or multiple images that you then use layers and motion to create the finished artwork?
        Peter

Feel free to browse my
        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
          I couldn't ask for more! Thank you.

Originally posted by ctrollen View Post
          I think I've said this before. It's not particularly my cup of tea but I'm extremely pleased that there are people like you out there doing it, if that makes sense!
          I know exactly what you mean: I really (dare I say it on this forum?) have very little interest in birds on sticks as photographs of record, but I am extremely glad that others do, so that we have a record of those birds on sticks!

Originally posted by ST-EOS View Post
          Im so glad I went to Sp*csav*rs
          I do admire you for creating images like this Richard. Are they single or multiple images that you then use layers and motion to create the finished artwork?
          The first was twelve images the second fifteen, blended in various modes, lots of changing the lighting through different grey layers and other adjustment layers, various bits of Camera Raw and Topaz, and a few bits of (virtual) paint splashed on for good measure in overlay and at a low opacity. Usually somewhere between 30 and 50 layers, and files several GB large.

As I say, there is something vaguely philosophical about this and how I believe (at least my) memory works (or not). I am looking more to evoke memory, impressions and feelings which means looking at colour, movement, light rather than a straight, photographically perfect image or a single light trail. Not disparaging any of those things: they simply aren't my thang!

Thanks all for looking and commenting!

Comment

There's something more dynamic about the first one that just edges ahead of the second but both are

Not sure I could cope with 30+ layers - I get confused at more than 3...
            Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Originally posted by El Sid View Post
              There's something more dynamic about the first one that just edges ahead of the second but both are

Not sure I could cope with 30+ layers - I get confused at more than 3...
              Thanks Nigel!

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                Agree, well done Richard

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by rcarca View Post

I know exactly what you mean: I really (dare I say it on this forum?) have very little interest in birds on sticks as photographs of record, but I am extremely glad that others do, so that we have a record of those birds on sticks!

I love that
                  Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
                    Agree, well done Richard

Tom
                    Thanks Tom

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
                    I love that
                    I guess we all have our preferences...

Comment

These are superb....good photos are fine....subjects enhanced or not.
                      For me...didn’t think I’d find myself using that term...these are truely artistic....images invoking impressions and thoughts....the way our brain actually sees the world before the conscious mind gets hold of the brain processed evaluated data....that would otherwise just say....oh it’s a bus
                      Last edited by @imagesBV; 08-02-2019, 10:43.
                      Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
                        These are superb....good photos are fine....subjects enhanced or not.
                        For me...didn’t think I’d find myself using that term...these are truely artistic....images invoking impressions and thoughts....the way our brain actually sees the world before the conscious mond gets hold of the brain processed evaluated data....that would otherwise just say....oh it’s a bus
                        Brian - thank you so much. I really appreciate that. You have encapsulated in many fewer words, what I have been struggling to say about my own work!

Comment

Excellent, Richard, you have truly mastered this art form. I love them both, they are truly impressionistic, they convey the dynamism of street life and are recognisable of their place. Purely in preference terms, my vote is for the first because I think in this one you have got the balance just right of it being recognisable as a London bus, but the focus is on the street scene and the bus seems almost incidental. On the second it is more the other way around. So I guess you have been successful one way or another on what you wanted. So pleased that you keeping popping back to share.
                          Canon EOS 7D
                          EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                          Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                          flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
                            Excellent, Richard, you have truly mastered this art form. I love them both, they are truly impressionistic, they convey the dynamism of street life and are recognisable of their place. Purely in preference terms, my vote is for the first because I think in this one you have got the balance just right of it being recognisable as a London bus, but the focus is on the street scene and the bus seems almost incidental. On the second it is more the other way around. So I guess you have been successful one way or another on what you wanted. So pleased that you keeping popping back to share.
                            Thank you Alex!

Comment

I'm such a fan of yours, superb work
                              Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Working...
                              X