Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Westminster Abbey - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Westminster Abbey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Westminster Abbey

First go at loading from Flickr.

This is possibly Street Photography as there is a man walking towards the abbey?

Any way here goes:

IMG_3849a by Gavin Rankin, on Flickr

This is the Southern Tower of Westminster Abbey taken from inside Deans Yard.

Any and all comments (good or bad) will be much appreciated.

Gavin

Re: Westminster Abbey

Like how you used the tree and the buildings to lead you toward the tower.

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom
      Gavin

Comment

As Tom said this is a nice composition and a different viewpoint of a familiar building.
        The verticals need sorting but it's still a pleasing image.
        Private on Flickr

Cheers,
        John

Comment

Thank you so much John.
          Gavin

Comment

Yes nice, I echo John's comments
            Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Nice shot - but also echo Johns comments as it makes the building look like it is leaning slightly.
              Andy
              Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
              EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
              [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

Thank you Trev & Andy

Comment

Agree with other comments about the vertical, but I commend the composition. I normally do everything I can to eradicate people from my shot, but this one really adds to the scale and is perfectly positioned and lit.
                  Canon EOS 7D
                  EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                  Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                  flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

I.m with Tom, the lean gives it something, it adds more interest to the image, especially as the person is vertical.
                    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Lean can be sorted by using the Distort function. I did this in Pixlr...

Untitled.jpg

If you use distort you can apply it so it principally applies to one side and the effect decreases the further from the pull point. The result here is from pulling the top right corner right and slightly down which has reduced the lean on the tower and improved the verticals as well yet has left the gentleman still walking upright...
                      Last edited by El Sid; 09-08-2018, 16:11.
                      Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Been abroad for a few weeks so only just looking at forum posts;
                        Thank you Tony T, Alex R & El Sid for your constructive and helpful comments
                        Gavin

Comment

Working...
                        X