Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Practise makes Perfect - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Practise makes Perfect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Practise makes Perfect

Hi All,

Some more from Red Arrows practises at RAF Scampton

Formation take off

23 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

36 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

68 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

90 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

110 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

121 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

123 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

137a by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

Regards Paul

Re: Practise makes Perfect

Great set, Paul
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/47382834@N07/

Chris

Comment

Excellent Set Paul

Tom

Comment

Very nice set of shots. Problem with Red Arrow photos is there are so many of them and generally quite similar, that you need something that's a bit different. To me, the third shot fits that bill, wonderfully dramatic.

John

Comment

Thanks John, Tom and Chris, much appreciated, John you are absolutely right about the shots being samey, of course the Reds do the same thing over and over again, there are some differences when they practise for a flat display (for when it's cloudy) rather than a full display.The other thing is that I always watch them from the same place at the end of the Runway, I need to move somewhere else!!

Regards Paul

Comment

Another excellent set Paul with the third one jumping out at me
            Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

I really like those, I think one of these days I should visit Scampton

Sue

Comment

Thanks Alan and Sue, much appreciated

Regards Paul

Comment

Looked at flicker your shots are stunning

Comment

Thanks Kingsown, very kind of you

Regards Paul

Comment

I must agree with John, excellent shots but the reds just tend to bore me somewhat, as they never change, the only thing I find them useful for is when they call that the reds are rolling it means it is time to head to the car park as the show is about to close.

Image wise though excellent and even better on flickr, agree number three is the stand out one. Well done
                      Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Thanks Tony, I suppose we keep going and shooting them because we are always after something better, often that can be found by different skies. Same reason I suppose as to why we go and shoot the same animals over and over again, always looking for that elusive something?

Regards Paul

Comment

That is it, you aim for perfection but never match your idea of it no matter how often we try, also it's the time something different happens, a bit like when the Lanc caught fire.... Not that I am morbid, but just an example of something happening out of the norm. I was due to go to Bruntingthorpe but cried off at the last moment and the damned Victor got airborne, where I normally shoot from I would have been in the perfect position to capture it, that sort of thing, and I kicked myself over missing capturing the moment.
                          Last edited by TonyT; 20-04-2017, 10:37.
                          Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Working...
                          X