Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 eosR pre orders - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

eosR pre orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eosR pre orders

Has anyone else pre ordered the canon eosR. I ordered the camera plus 24-105. Mine is coming from WEX who can’t give me any information as to when it will ship. Today is the 9th and supposed to be the release date

Anyone else tracking a shipment?

Re: eosR pre orders

Mine should be here between 14:00-18:00 hours today

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
      Mine should be here between 14:00-18:00 hours today

Tom
      Who’s your supplier?

Comment

Originally posted by teslar View Post
        Who’s your supplier?
        Amazon

Comment

Amazon
          Thanks I’ll take a look [emoji106]

Comment

It arrived at 15:30 today, just finished setting it up and downloading Canon’s processing software so I can read the raw files.

Comment

It arrived at 15:30 today, just finished setting it up and downloading Canon’s processing software so I can read the raw files.
              We wait with bated breath for your comprehensive in-depth report!
              John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Mine is due within the hour but I’ll not be home till 10pm tonight. Might be a late night for me [emoji2]

Comment

Originally posted by John Liddle View Post
                  We wait with bated breath for your comprehensive in-depth report!
                  Initial Thoughts:

Ergonomically the fell for the camera is more like holding the 6DMK2 with a few less buttons or dials. What I miss is the Dial for the mode and the easy on/off switch. It was replaced with a LCD Panel that you can select a mode, however C1 to C3 are not selectable, but that maybe because I have not yet programed them. I'm assuming that once programed they will appear in the LCD. I like the selectable ring on the 24-105 lens and currently have that programed to quickly change exposure compensation.

Next, Since I have Tamron Lens, I used the new adapter to to see if they work with the EOS R:

Full Frame Lens:
                  Tamron 24-70 works fine.
                  Tamron 150-600 works fine.

APS-C Lens: Note that the camera is suppose to recognize when you place a APS-C lens on the mount it then is suppose to automatically change the crop to 1.6 from full frame. With the Following Lenses from Tamron the Camera stays on Full Frame:

Tamron 18-400 seems to work
                  Tamron 10-18 also seems to work

However with both you will have to crop the image in Post Processing, however you can manually set the camera to a 1.6 crop and these lenses seem to work fine. What I'm reading with ALL APS-C Lenses the 1.6 crop means that you now have a 11 mega pixel Sensor instead of the full 30 mega pixel on full frame.

I have not tested the new Tamron 70-210 on the R because I just sent that back to Tamron to have the Firmware updated. No I did not buy a dock for it because it is still free to send it to Tamron, I'll just be without the lens for a few days.

Have not taken the camera out into the world yet due to work and the rain we have been having. Will be taking it out today to practice using it as I plan on taking it with me on holiday next week.

If you have any questions about the Camera just ask and I'll try and give you an answer.

Lastly, you need to use DPP to process the RAW files as no one has drivers for the .CR3 yet.

Tom

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to give your initial views Tom - much appreciated
                    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

APS-C Lens: Note that the camera is suppose to recognize when you place a APS-C lens on the mount it then is suppose to automatically change the crop to 1.6 from full frame. With the Following Lenses from Tamron the Camera stays on Full Frame:

Tamron 18-400 seems to work
                      Tamron 10-18 also seems to work
                      That would suggest that the camera can identify Canon EF-s lenses, possibly from part of the lens info that the Tamrons lack. Maybe Tamron could implement a fix for future models but I doubt it's worth their while.

However with both you will have to crop the image in Post Processing, however you can manually set the camera to a 1.6 crop and these lenses seem to work fine. What I'm reading with ALL APS-C Lenses the 1.6 crop means that you now have a 11 mega pixel Sensor instead of the full 30 mega pixel on full frame.

Tom
                      Really brings it home how much smaller the APS -C frame really is...
                      Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

It was a beautiful crisp fall day so I was able to get out with the EOS R & the EF-R 24-105 Lens today: Here are some images for your review:

Taken with the Sigma 8mm Fisheye:
                        369a0021 by tesarver, on Flickr

SWMBO Outside w/24-105 EF-R lens
                        369a0026 by tesarver, on Flickr

SWMBO Indoors No Flash w/24-105 EF-R Lens
                        369a0032 by tesarver, on Flickr

3 Image HDR
                        369a0053_HDR by tesarver, on Flickr

Granddaughter with LED Cube EOS-R & EF-R 24-105
                        369a0058 by tesarver, on Flickr

Granddaughter with LED Cube EOS-R & EF-R 24-105
                        369a0060 by tesarver, on Flickr

Thoughts about today's outing:
                        The EOS R preformed well over all. Settings was on AV and the ISO on Auto. For the Portraits the camera was set for face/eye tracking. Mostly the taking was able to lock onto the face and as you zoom closer the eye tracking preformed well IMO. When you switch from face tracking to the other AF points there is no way of moving the focus point unless you activate the the touch and drag on the screen. Also in trying to use the Level bar, on the 6DMII it is a nicely position cross that does not obstruct the view, when activating the Level on the EOS R it is and Obtrusive Level that sits in the middle of the frame. 2ndly the Level is not displayed when on Facetracking, since it is so large and obtrusive could be a blessing in disguised

Tom

Comment

I've heard from at least two people who've used the RF24-105 that said IQ is fantastic, one even said it was as good as if not better than the EF24-70 F2.8L MKII. All the images I've seen from it including yours Tom, seem to bear that out.

Something I've heard mention is noise with long exposures of several minutes as I understand mirrorless sensors are always on so prone to generating more heat so therefore noise?

Must admit i'm seriously considering getting an EOS R ;)
                          Les

Les Cornwell Photography

EOS R, EOS 6D MKII, EOS 100D, EOS50e, RF24-104 F4L, EF17-40 F4L, EF24-70 F2.8L II, EF70-200 F4L IS, EF100-400 F5.6L MKII, EF100 F2.8L IS, EF-S 18-135 STM, EF-S 18-55, GP-E2, 270EX, 430EX II, Kase & Lee filters.

Comment

Originally posted by teslar View Post
                            Has anyone else pre ordered the canon eosR. I ordered the camera plus 24-105. Mine is coming from WEX who can’t give me any information as to when it will ship. Today is the 9th and supposed to be the release date

Anyone else tracking a shipment?
                            I was sorely tempted, but my 5D4 bodies are not that old.
                            I do like the low light potential though.
                            Battery life will be interesting, I look forward to seeing what people think.
                            Andy
                            Canon EOS 5D MarkIV, 11-24mm f4, 24-70mm f2.8 II, 24-105mm f4, 70-200mm f2.8 IS II USM, 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 IS II USM, 100mm Macro, 50mm f1.4, Speedlite 600EX-RT, Manfrotto tripod
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyberdavis/

Comment

Originally posted by LesC2009 View Post

Something I've heard mention is noise with long exposures of several minutes as I understand mirrorless sensors are always on so prone to generating more heat so therefore noise?
                              Doubt that it's likely to be any worse than using a DSLR in live view mode; as long as you don't take several minutes to set up the shot and remember to turn the Long Exposure NR on i would expect similar performance. Granted if you frame and focus using the SLR viewfinder there may be a slight advantage but as to whether that would be enough to make a real world difference I'm inclined to suspect not...
                              Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
                              X