Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Flash combination - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flash combination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flash combination

I recently upgraded to a 6d and also have a 430exii and am looking for a tx and rx to fire and control it but also i would like a yongnuo 686(?) i believe this is the wireless model (i may have this wrong) can anyone comfirm the models etc i need for this ? Harvey

Re: Flash combination

I have a pair of 430 EX ll's and fire them remotely with using three Yongnuo 622 wireless (radio) triggers. Works really well as the camera doesn't have to see the flashes, as with infra red triggering.

Dave
    Dave

Comment

Originally posted by glider64 View Post
      I recently upgraded to a 6d and also have a 430exii and am looking for a tx and rx to fire and control it but also i would like a yongnuo 686(?) i believe this is the wireless model (i may have this wrong) can anyone comfirm the models etc i need for this ? Harvey
      The YN622C for your flashes and the YN622C Tx on top of your camera to trigger them will work.

I think the new Yngnuo 685 flashes have the 6ssC built in so you might just need the 622C Tx and a single 622C for the 430EXII
      5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

I bought a Canon Speedilte 90ex to do the samething with my 580 ex and 430exii. Would like a champ and it is inexpensive.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
          I bought a Canon Speedilte 90ex to do the samething with my 580 ex and 430exii. Would like a champ and it is inexpensive.

Tom
          The problem with the 90EX is that it works as an Optical master - the pop of flash could impact on your exposure and with your slave flashes set up to receive an optical signal, other people's flashes from compacts and the like can set them off. It also will be unreliable in very bright light.

It obviously depends where you use them - but at an event or in bright sunshine an optical slave is not a particularly good thing.

Radio triggers are much more secure, and work over longer distances too and round corners and the sun won't affect the way they work but like I say it does depend how you use them
          5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

Originally posted by EOS_Jim View Post
            The problem with the 90EX is that it works as an Optical master - the pop of flash could impact on your exposure and with your slave flashes set up to receive an optical signal, other people's flashes from compacts and the like can set them off. It also will be unreliable in very bright light.

It obviously depends where you use them - but at an event or in bright sunshine an optical slave is not a particularly good thing.

Radio triggers are much more secure, and work over longer distances too and round corners and the sun won't affect the way they work but like I say it does depend how you use them
            This is true, however if you are on a budget and want to control off camera flash and still use TTL this is a cheaper alternative @ $50, verses well over $100 for a radio system. So if you plan on doing a lot of weddings or seeking to make a living doing portrait work, then I highly Agee with you about a radio system. Or if you have a lot of cash and money doesn't matter, radio is the way to go. However if your on a budget and want to play with High Speed Sync, then this is a viable alternative verses the $300 optical unit that Canon also sells

Tom

Comment

[QUOTE=EOS_Jim;323142]The YN622C for your flashes and the YN622C Tx on top of your camera to trigger them will work.

This is the combo that I have and it works a treat.

Bill.
              7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

This is true, however if you are on a budget and want to control off camera flash and still use TTL this is a cheaper alternative @ $50, verses well over $100 for a radio system. So if you plan on doing a lot of weddings or seeking to make a living doing portrait work, then I highly Agee with you about a radio system. Or if you have a lot of cash and money doesn't matter, radio is the way to go. However if your on a budget and want to play with High Speed Sync, then this is a viable alternative verses the $300 optical unit that Canon also sells

Tom
                Very true Tom. Just being aware though that if you plan to use anywhere that someone else might use a flash then you will need something else.

There's lots of very cheap real triggers and flashes cheaper than canon flashes. You can save lots looking at the yongnuo units

Comment

Tom
                  Great tip. Might look at this myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just bought a used set of 4 622c with a 622c TX from ebay for £85. They are like new, with the plastic film still attached. Great set. The TX controls the TTL from the camera, but the tranceivers will work on their own, without TTL control. I have YN 568EX and 560ii speedlights. Unfortunately, the TX doesn't work with the 560, but that isn't a huge problem for me.
                    Garry Macdonald on Flickr
                    Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by bbaddiley02 View Post
                      Great tip. Might look at this myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      If you are in an environment where another person uses their flash (like a phone camera or the like) that would also set off your flashes if they are set to optical triggering.

It's not really a great solution as you can buy a couple of Yn 622 triggers/receivers for about the same money and they will work better

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                        I just bought a used set of 4 622c with a 622c TX from ebay for £85. They are like new, with the plastic film still attached. Great set. The TX controls the TTL from the camera, but the tranceivers will work on their own, without TTL control. I have YN 568EX and 560ii speedlights. Unfortunately, the TX doesn't work with the 560, but that isn't a huge problem for me.
                        Just so you know, the tranceivers actually do work in TTL as well? That is controlled from the back of the camera.

The 622C should work with the 560 as well although not in TTL because it's a manual only speedlight

Hope that helps ;)

Comment

Originally posted by EOS_Jim View Post
                          Just so you know, the tranceivers actually do work in TTL as well? That is controlled from the back of the camera.

The 622C should work with the 560 as well although not in TTL because it's a manual only speedlight

Hope that helps ;)
                          I should have been more clear! It does work with the 560, just not in TTL, as you said, because it is a manual flash. As far as TTL control from the camera, I am pretty sure that that isn't possible with the 1dsii. That capability was added from the 1dsiii, as far as I can tell. I may well be wrong on that though

Thanks,

Garry
                          Garry Macdonald on Flickr
                          Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                            I should have been more clear! It does work with the 560, just not in TTL, as you said, because it is a manual flash. As far as TTL control from the camera, I am pretty sure that that isn't possible with the 1dsii. That capability was added from the 1dsiii, as far as I can tell. I may well be wrong on that though

Thanks,

Garry
                            Good point - I didn't think about that lol
                            Yes the 1D2 is a bit long in the tooth now as far as tech goes but still an amazing camera

Comment

I have the YN622c TX and 2 YN622c transceivers. Also have a YN685c flash which has the built in 622 receiver. With the tx on all three flashes are controlled through the camera external flash menu.
                              Malcolm.
                              Last edited by malgpz900; 23-10-2016, 07:07.
                              760D
                              EF 50mm f1.8,EF 28-135 IS USM,
                              Sigma 10-20 DC HSM,EFS 18-55 IS STM
                              EF 70-300 IS USM
                              Kenko Teleplus HD 1.4 DGX
                              YN685ll,YN568EXll,YN468,YN622TX and YN622TRX's.

Comment

Working...
                              X