Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 7822 Foxcote Manor on the WSR - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7822 Foxcote Manor on the WSR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7822 Foxcote Manor on the WSR

Foxcote Manor running around its train at Bishops Lydeard on the West Somerset Railway.

5D3_6806_AuroraHDR2018-edit-Edit by John Leah, on Flickr

Initially processed in Aurora then passed to Silver Efex for the mono treatment.
    Colour original on Flickr.

Cheers,
    John

Re: 7822 Foxcote Manor on the WSR

excellent work, nailed the speed just right to show a little movement whilst keeping the train pin sharp. Well done

fine work with the processing as well
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Lovely moody shot, beautifully processed in keeping with the subject, but perhaps just a tad too central. I would consider cropping to the building on the right, losing the other carriages and bits and bobs to the right.
      Colin

Comment

Nice capture John [emoji106]

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
        Peter

Feel free to browse my
        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

What is there not to like about this image. It's a train and it's BW. Well done John

Tom

Comment

Excellent - well processed ...

Comment

Hi John; I like both versions, but the mono nails it for me; lovely job. Personally I like the image as presented. If it was cropped as Colin suggests (and I bow to his superior knowledge) I think you'd lose the setting interest, plus you'd have rails embedded in the corner going nowhere... Just my two cents...
              Cheers;
              Lee
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
              All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
              5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
              17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Thanks folks I really appreciate such complimentary remarks

I did consider that crop but left it as shot because, as Lee says, it sets the scene. The manor had just been detached from the carriages and was running backwards around to the front of the train for the return working. What I do wish I'd done was to clone out the house on the left - maybe I will.

Cheers,
                John

PS the bulk of the manor is sharp but didn't anyone notice how 'soft' the front is?

Comment

super shot John

stan
                  Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                  flickr

Comment

That's great mono capture John.
                    Derek

EOS R, RF 24-105mm L f4, EF 16-35mm L f4, EF 70-200mm f4 L IS II USM

Comment

Thanks Stan and Derek

Cheers,
                      John

Comment

As is for me thank you kindly... There is a cropped option there but the result loses the sense of a railway at work and feels the weaker for it I think. It's also a quite timeless shot as there's almost nothing to give the era away.

Last edited by El Sid; 20-10-2017, 16:24.
                        Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

I missed this earlier...excellent, super smoke!
                          Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Same for me too, missed it.

Great image.
                            Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Thanks Nigel, Brian and Anthony

Cheers,
                              John

Comment

Working...
                              X