Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Beth Portrait - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beth Portrait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beth Portrait

I actually managed to get my daughter to pose for me without pulling a face or sticking her tongue out! I got six shots of her before she got bored and walked away! Converted to mono in Silver Efex Pro2 plugin for Lightroom

1dsii, ef70-200f4L at 200mm, Natural Light, Hand Held
    ƒ/8.0 200.0 mm 1/400 iso320
    Beth Mono Portrait-2 by Garry Macdonald, on Flickr

As always, comments welcome,
    Garry
    Garry Macdonald on Flickr
    Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Re: Beth Portrait

nice portrait Garry, very pretty daughter

Not 100% sold on the PP - it seems the contrast looks a tad hard ? also its done something odd with the background and my eyes keep getting pulled towards that top left side with the worm thing
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thanks Ian for commenting. I know what you mean about the processing. The background is trees, and that's pretty much how they came out of the camera, other than the mono conversion. Personally I quite like the overall processing, but could probably do with softening the contrast a little.

Thanks again,

Garry

Comment

Well taken Garry

Tom

Comment

You did well to get your daughter to not only make eye contact with the camera but smile too - I didn't manage that very often with my camera-shy pair when they were that age. Mono good but pretty young ladies benefit from something softer. Still, well deserving of a

Cheers,
          John

Comment

Thanks guys for the comments. John, I agree with the softness. I will revisit this and change the style. The beauty of the digital age!

Thanks again,

Garry

Comment

Working...
            X