Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Italy...Lake Garda - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Italy...Lake Garda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italy...Lake Garda

Thought I'd try some mono for a change.....comments are welcome, I just wanted to share this set from today..
    I only have aperture on my 11" laptop....so editing is not as good as it could be....

first some inspiration

Mono Bardolino 001 by brianvickers, on Flickr

Mono Bardolino 006 by brianvickers, on Flickr

Mono Bardolino 004 by brianvickers, on Flickr

Mono Bardolino 002 by brianvickers, on Flickr
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Re: Italy...Lake Garda

Sorry Brian these do not work for me, I always think of Lake Garda as a bright, sunny vibrant place & these ( though great composition) make it look a dull old place.

Comment

#1 works OK as a 'journalistic' image; but, sadly, I agree with the overall thought that the images would be better in colour. I'm not sure that the subjects suit a mono conversion... Sorry!
      Cheers;
      Lee
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
      5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
      17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

OK fair enough.....I have it in mind to recreate the feel of the pre-colour film photos....and trying to concentrate on composition. I thought the last one was pretty good along with no 2....but mainly from a compositional viewpoint as Daisy M recognised......thanks for your honest comments both.
        Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Mono is an art form, and I feel any subject is a good subject for mono as mono you are working from black to white and shades of gray to create interest and lead the viewer into the photo. So along with shades of gray, brightness and darkness is your tools to enhance an image. In looking at these images on Flicker, you have managed to do that Brian. I would say that these images are on par to those images in the B&W magazine.

Keep up the good work.

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom...thats kind!
            Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

I don't mind the Mono to be honest, I certainly like the one with the Tree.

Regards Paul

Comment

Thanks Paul
                Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Working...
                X