Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Woman walking her dogs on the streets of London. - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woman walking her dogs on the streets of London.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woman walking her dogs on the streets of London.

My latest street photography style capture. Its starting to become sort of habit, lately, to capture this sort of images when finishing small jobs involving property photography. The funny thing is that I always got my Canon EF 17-40mm Camera Lens - f/4L USM Lens attached (when photographing interiors), a lens normally I wouldn't use if specifically out for street photography - clearly, perhaps, i should use it more though.

Old lady walking three dogs on the streets of London by Nikolay Mirchev, on Flickr
    London professional Portrait & Headshot photographer

Re: Woman walking her dogs on the streets of London.

I quite like that, especially the diagonals formed by the houses.

Good to see Theresa May doing well in her new job, too.

Mike
    flickr
    5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Thanks Mike!
      Theresa May reference made me lough so much ;)

Comment

you have caught her well and separation of the three dogs. She is placed a little too central and starting to walk out of the frame but still excellent
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

Like that image, I like how the composition adds a little tension to the image

Tom

Comment

Looks good....reminds me of a scene from the film A fish called Wanda
            Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Hi Stan, and thank you very much for sharing your thoughts on the image above. I also wasn't very pleased with my main subject being so central at first, however, as it is in street photography, this was the only capture (out of 5 more, as the moment passed quick) where all the elements were positioned and balanced in the way I would consider "good enough".

In the process of selecting the best option, out of the five images I captured, initially I was going back and forth to an image where she was composed to the right of the frame; but the dogs weren't any good. Then I noticed the following geometrical detail, which is very characteristic to my way of composing scenes/photo - I like to call it geometrical flow balanced composition, where the rules may looked broken but there are elements that balance and compensate for it. Like on the image bellow, where the lines intersect/emphasizes on the main subject.
              IMG_7870_eos.jpg

Comment

Wow, brianvickers - I remember the movie, watched when I was small on the cinema, in, back then, communist Bulgaria ;)

Comment

That is really good! Some excellent lines and points of interest and even that essential dash of red. Not an ideal lens for street photography but being wide you've been able to capture not only an interesting character but her environment too.

Cheers,
                  John

Comment

Working...
                  X