Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Powerful elements - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Powerful elements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powerful elements

The Redcar Wind Farm consists of a 27 turbine, 62 MW capacity, offshore turbine farm constructed just to the east of the mouth of the River Tees.

I have been meaning to make an image or two of this wind farm for some time. This image is carefully chosen position to isolate these four turbines from their neighbours and to included the bird perch . The addition of the vessel was just a fluke. But it did add another element.

Having processed a couple of the images from the shoot, I decided to try a mono conversion and would welcome your thoughts on the image.

Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Re: Powerful elements

like the symmetry Peter and the different layers of the waves but perhaps just a few too much water - I would have looked to remove about a third of it

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

its not often I disagree with the old man but I really like that and wouldn't change anything- well done
      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thanks Stan and Ian for taking time to look and comment.
        @ Stan I can see the crop you’re suggesting I shall give it a go.

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
        Peter

Feel free to browse my

Comment

I like it too...not very often you see the movement of the rotors captured.
          Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

This is a shot that I have viewed three times now and it has improved with each viewing, so only now do I feel confident enough to make a comment.

The apparent simplicity of this shot belies the imaginative thought that has gone into producing it. It is so easy to stick with the standard "A" format, that you have to think outside of the box to finish with a letterbox, or square format. Having chosen the square format, ideally the horizon will still need to be on the thirds, so do we include more sky, or more sea? I don't know what was further up in the sky, but on the face of it, reasonable to assume much of the same. However, the sea is coming gently to the land in small wavelets and giving us some sand in the very foreground. This subconsciously welcomes us into the water and by inference, into the shot.

Although the turbines are the main reason for the shot from your explanation, the main elements are the bird perch and the ship, with the turbines framing them within the view. The eye is free to connect with all aspects of the shot, before finally settling on the boat, as the focal point of the image. I have cropped this a number of ways and none of them work as well as you have presented here.

You sir, have presented us with an apparently simple, finely crafted image, which I rather admire.
            Colin

Comment

Very well taken and processed Peter

Tom

Comment

Thanks Brian, Colin and Tom for looking and commenting.
                Special thanks to Colin for his explanation of what the image creates for him

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
                Peter

Feel free to browse my

Comment

Very nice image, Peter, I do like the pattern of lines leading you from the shore out to see, and love how you've processed it to get so much texture in the sea and clouds.
                  Canon EOS 7D
                  EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                  Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                  flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
                    Very nice image, Peter, I do like the pattern of lines leading you from the shore out to see, and love how you've processed it to get so much texture in the sea and clouds.
                    Thanks Alex, much appreciated.
                    Peter

Feel free to browse my

Comment

Mono is a good choice. Square aspect is a good choice. The lovely soft texture of those foreground waves are a perfect lead in to the image. I like this very much indeed

Cheers,
                      John

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
                        Mono is a good choice. Square aspect is a good choice. The lovely soft texture of those foreground waves are a perfect lead in to the image. I like this very much indeed

Cheers,
                        John
                        Cheers John
                        Peter

Feel free to browse my

Comment

Just seen this and I think Colin nailed it. A rather fine picture indeed.

Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
                          X