Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 EF R? - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EF R?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EF R?

I have just got my EF R - any hints and tips yet?

Thanks

Brian
    ef-r

Re: EF R?

I’ve had mine since October 2018. Don’t use the bar at all, rarely use the ring on the lens and I have set the touch & drag to the top right corner. Love the camera so far.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
      I’ve had mine since October 2018. Don’t use the bar at all, rarely use the ring on the lens and I have set the touch & drag to the top right corner. Love the camera so far.

Tom
      I am very pleased too!!
      ef-r

Comment

Just got mine too at the Birmingham Photo Show. I've set the lens ring to change iso.

As to the bar, I read someone suggest ""As for the touch bar, I would never in a million years set it to alter any of the image settings, such as ISO like a lot of people suggested when the camera was released. It's far too imprecise, and too easy to hit accidentally. I do, however, use it to great effect as a toggle for my histogram and my level, as well as swiping to zoom in/out for confirming focus. It works brilliantly for those functions"

I've set mine the same and to swipe through images in playback.

There's a course on Creative Live coming soon that may be handy: https://www.creativelive.com/class/c...s-r-fast-start

Quite a lot of stuff on Youtube including amongst others this from Jared Polin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtHsWCwo5Mo
        Les

Les Cornwell Photography

EOS R, EOS 6D MKII, EOS 100D, EOS50e, RF24-104 F4L, EF17-40 F4L, EF24-70 F2.8L II, EF70-200 F4L IS, EF100-400 F5.6L MKII, EF100 F2.8L IS, EF-S 18-135 STM, EF-S 18-55, GP-E2, 270EX, 430EX II, Kase & Lee filters.

Comment

My experience is that the picture quality is really good - and the extra switch to 1.6 is really excellent !!
          ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
            My experience is that the picture quality is really good - and the extra switch to 1.6 is really excellent !!
            Not tried that yet but will be handy for stuff like airshows!

Only been out once with it properly but battery life was really poor - down to 58% after only 75 shots. But I did have it connected to phone via bluetooth continuously & it was the first charge cycle on the new battery. Think i need to look at eco setting & switching EVF time on to shortest possible.

Ken Rockwell suggests the following (think I'll give it a go!):

Power Saving

Leave the power switch OFF while walking around. The camera sees your body behind the finder as you walk around, and mistakenly prevents it from sleeping as it should, thinking the camera is at your eye.

The Power saving and ECO modes don't slow the camera down and do extend battery life, so I use them all:

ECO Mode: MENU > WRENCH page 2 > ECO mode > On.

Sleep timers: I set to their minimums, as those work great for me: MENU > WRENCH page 2 > Power saving > Display off (15 sec.), Auto power off (30 sec.) and Viewfinder off (1 min.)
            Les

Les Cornwell Photography

EOS R, EOS 6D MKII, EOS 100D, EOS50e, RF24-104 F4L, EF17-40 F4L, EF24-70 F2.8L II, EF70-200 F4L IS, EF100-400 F5.6L MKII, EF100 F2.8L IS, EF-S 18-135 STM, EF-S 18-55, GP-E2, 270EX, 430EX II, Kase & Lee filters.

Comment

I am having fun ith the R.

Now cut down the lens to RF24-105, RF35 (wonderfull lens ), EF100-400, EF100 macro, plus all the usual flash

One real bonus is that the R focuses at F11 - so this means that the 100-400F4-5.6 will take a 2X adaptor

Here is a picture from today with the RF35

IMG_1905x.jpg
              ef-r

Comment

Working...
              X