Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Canon EOS 450d - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canon EOS 450d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon EOS 450d

Classed as an entry level camera but I find that it is very good and serves my purpose. There is no video/movie gimmicks and take excellent photographs. It is also quite light for my purpose as I don't wish to carry too much weight on holiday and on my travels.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Canon EOS 450d

The Lamborghini Gallardo is considered the entry level Lamborghini .................... but it's still a Lamborghini!

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel Ramanaden View Post
      I find that it is very good and serves my purpose.
      That's all that matters!
      I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
      Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

For many years I used compact cameras out of idleness and convenience, but now I am retired and have more time for a proper hobby. I have sold my Fuji bridge camera and acquired a 450D with a 18-55 and 55-250 lense. My initial impression of the camera is it will take about a month to learn to drive it, but wow what a piece of kit..
        My flickr http://flic.kr/ps/2g5eDa
        © JH Foto
        The word photography derives from the Greek φωτός (phōtos), genitive of φῶς (phōs), "light" and γραφή (graphé)

Comment

I agree with you Nat. The 450D was my first EOS digital and I am very happy to hang on to it, although I also have the 600D.

Ian
          EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Comment

The right place at the right time
            © JH Foto
            The word photography derives from the Greek φωτός (phōtos), genitive of φῶς (phōs), "light" and γραφή (graphé)

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
              Classed as an entry level camera but I find that it is very good and serves my purpose. There is no video/movie gimmicks and take excellent photographs. It is also quite light for my purpose as I don't wish to carry too much weight on holiday and on my travels.
              Why would 'movie' be a gimmick? I can connect my 7D to a telescope and shoot the transit of venus...it also takes photographs...now and again.

Comment

If I wanted movies I would buy a movie camera...........
                © JH Foto

Comment

I guess the question is. If you take a photo in good light of a static object with say the 300D (yet alone a 4x0D) with an L lenses attached and repeat with a 1D4 or 5D2/3 with the same lens. Then print at A4 then how much difference could the person looking at the prints see and would they be able to say which print was taken with which camera?

But for some of us the Lamborghini Gallardo just isn't the bees knees and we prefer the Aventador LP 700-4 (well actually the Ferrari SPxx GB )

Comment

With software hacks it can be as good or better than high dollar models. Read about 400plus or CHDK.

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk

Comment

so sad to see this pop up...
                      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
                        so sad to see this pop up...
                        Agree

Comment

Can the admin put a block on comments to stop this happening?
                          Raj
                          Raj
                          Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by rajjayaraj View Post
                            Can the admin put a block on comments to stop this happening?
                            Raj
                            agree
                            :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

If you have a problem with any post, please send me an email or use the 'Contact us' link at the bottom of every forum page. I do not have the time to read every post and rely on forum members to alert me to possible problems. It was only by chance that I opened this thread.

If you are referring to the post by Rolfsted, please tell me why you object to it. The message does not appear to be spam. It is not trying to sell anything and it is relevant to the thread.

In case you do not understand the post, Rolfsted is talking about firmware hacks which can add extra features to Canon cameras. CHDK appears to support Powershot models only, but 400plus is specifically for the EOS 400D. Personally, I am happy with EOS cameras as they are, but there are some owners who like the idea of adding features only available on more expensive models, or not yet available on EOS cameras.

Web pages for CHDK and 400plus make it clear that there are potential problems with using firmware hacks.
                              Robert
                              robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Working...
                              X