Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forum/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Opportunities everywhere - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opportunities everywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opportunities everywhere

In my home county of 'flat' Hertfordshire there are not so many opportunities for the type of photography I enjoy; but in Cumbria there were photo opportunities abound. I just wish I lived nearer. Getting very near the end of The Lakes photos; here's a couple of the last of the images. Once thing I did learn from this trip is I need to put a longer lens on the wish list - both of these would have benefited from something nearer 200mm to make less cropping necessary.

Buttermere trees

by Tony Hawkins, on Flickr

Steep back garden

by Tony Hawkins, on Flickr
    - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Re: Opportunities everywhere

and how much do you wanna bet a tog that lives around the lakes wants to do some city street work LOL

but 2 excellent shots mate

as for the lens get Alans 70-200 2.8 as I think he's forgot how to use a camera LOL
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Very nice couple of shots. Used my 70-200 to shoot some landscapes on recent trip.
      Last edited by antoeknee; 12-10-2017, 17:21.
      Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
        and how much do you wanna bet a tog that lives around the lakes wants to do some city street work LOL

but 2 excellent shots mate

as for the lens get Alans 70-200 2.8 as I think he's forgot how to use a camera LOL
        Good point, a train is 30 mins to Kings Cross from here

Good idea about Alan's lens, it's probably very dusty though.
        - Tony

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by antoeknee View Post
          Very niven couple of shots. Used my 70-200 to shoot some landscapes on recent trip.
          Yep that would be perfect.
          - Tony

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Surprising how many people still think wide angle is the only way to go for landscape, which makes molehills out of mountains. With the longer focal length here, you've really made the mountains look like mountains.
            EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Comment

Two well taken images Tony

Tom

Comment

I like the square format in #1 and I like the colours in #2. Both great images, well done. The above discussion regarding lenses for landscapes is interesting. I think that most of us reach for lenses with wider angles, rather than telephotos when it comes to this type of photography, me included. However, in the past I have even used a 500mm!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard W View Post
                  Surprising how many people still think wide angle is the only way to go for landscape, which makes molehills out of mountains. With the longer focal length here, you've really made the mountains look like mountains.
                  Thanks Richard, longest lens is 105mm so had to crop but the 6D II allows you to do that without too many issues.
                  - Tony

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
                    Two well taken images Tony

Tom
                    Thanks Tom
                    - Tony

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by TonyM198 View Post
                      I like the square format in #1 and I like the colours in #2. Both great images, well done. The above discussion regarding lenses for landscapes is interesting. I think that most of us reach for lenses with wider angles, rather than telephotos when it comes to this type of photography, me included. However, in the past I have even used a 500mm!
                      Thanks Tony. The square crop really seemed to suit that image. It was also down to the articulated screen of the 6D II as it was shot at arms length above my head to remove a fence in the foreground.
                      - Tony

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Two excellent shots....the crop really suits No1.
                        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
                          Two excellent shots....the crop really suits No1.
                          Thanks Brian; aka Charlie Waite - the square crop that is, not the quality.
                          - Tony

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

I just did a search on the web for Charlie Waite Lake District and then looked at your gallery on your website....and to be honest had i not known who the professional was then I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
                            ........and he has a bit more time to wait for weather and light conditions!
                            Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

A couple of excellent shots that prove the point

Cheers,
                              John

Comment

Working...
                              X