City Hall Stockholm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

City Hall Stockholm

Hi proberbly one of the most photographed buidings in Stockholm. An amazing city with endless opertunities for photography.

40D EFS17-55 F2.8is ISO 200 F10 55sec
    Dave

www.flickr.com/photos/davepeacock/

Re: City Hall Stockholm

Nice one Dave. Never been to Stockholm - another place to add to my wishlist :-(.

Good to see you've not taken this against a jet black sky although personally the blurry clouds spoil it for me a bit.

A bit of foreground interest I think would add to this (maybe some people for perspective) and the weather vane or whatever is on top of the building looks a bit burnt out to me - just passing on what I've learnt/ feedback others have given me ;-)
    Cliff Hobbs
    Wannabe Architectural Photographer - Always willing to listen and learn

Comment

Nice shot beautifully lit. My only suggestions (it's always down to individual taste though) would be to crop the extreme right to get rid of the brightly lit and burnt out building and perhaps also to crop a little off the bottom. I envy you in Stockholm - have you taken any good shots around the buildings in the old town? The low light must be very special at this time of year.

Comment

Thanks for the comments and idea's, Im new to night photography but am learning with help and comments like these thankyou both , Yep can see a tighter crop will work well, forground interest is difficult here due to the amount of water, but can see the benifits.

Have been around old town a few times but have not photographed there yet, but it's on the list, so many tourists in the old time very busy all year round but good for abstract stuff. please take a look at my flickr page to see more of Stockholm, Its worth a long weekend trip a fantastic city, I will post more in the coming months and again hope to learn from the comments.Thanks again
        Dave

www.flickr.com/photos/davepeacock/

Comment

Working...
        X