A really big thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A really big thank you

Tonight someone chose my picture as 1st place winner in the latest forum photo competition.
    This website has done one thing that golf and work hasn't done, given me something to smile about and something to encourage me to carry on with what i enjoy.
    I have entered 4 competitions..
    The very first competition the picture, well we shall forget about it!! it was when i first had the camera!!
    the next 3, i have come first in..
    There is only one thank you to give, that's to all the people on this forum, the ones that post in the competition, yes the ones that i look forward to receiving comments from..
    What do i use that's special... Well nothing, i have a basic 1000d camera with a standard lens, i do use a standard 75-300mm, found on ebay for £35, i don't really use photoshop, apart from cropping and sharpening, so what is my secret?
    I look for a photo...
    I look for a photo for my friends on here, you have encouraged me to do something that i want to really enjoy, i look forward to the competitions every fortnight. so thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you my friends

Dorset Shaun
    CANON 1000D EF-S18-55MM f/3.5-5.6: EF 75-300MM F/4-5.6

Re: A really big thank you

Thats what its all about mate-encouraging others and offering sound useful advice. Well done you for winning the comps.

Comment

Well done Shaun, encouraging others and having fun as HH said is what it is all about

Comment

Very well done Shaun. Just seeing pics other people take has me learning something everyday.
        Col

Comment

Have you been drinking?

Really nice sentiments, and a testament to what this forum is all about IMHO.

I've entered quite a few comps, and have come no-where so far, but I find it encouraging looking at all the shots and I gain inspiration from the many who take part! Obviously I'd like to be a winner, but it's about enjoying something, and learning, both of which I think we all do!

Well done, Shaun.

all the best, Mike.
          flickr
          5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Ready for the Oscars! ;)
            Do feel free to comment on any of my contributions.
            EOS-500D. Flickr: _rutger_

Comment

Originally posted by mikep View Post
              Have you been drinking?
              Reading it back, i must admit it looks like it!!
              CANON 1000D EF-S18-55MM f/3.5-5.6: EF 75-300MM F/4-5.6

Comment

Well done Dorset Shaun, a worthy winner.

Comment

That is what this forum is all about. Congrats again for the win and a keen photographic eye.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by katokid View Post
                    Very well done Shaun. Just seeing pics other people take has me learning something everyday.
                    Same here.
                    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                    Di's Flickr

Comment

Hi Shaun, nice sentiments about the forum, you obviously have a good eye for opertunity, this does not come with the amount of money we spend on our gear so very well done.

Ray

Comment

Working...
                      X