Canon E8mm-15mm f/4L FISHEYE USM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon E8mm-15mm f/4L FISHEYE USM

I sold my 15mm Fisheye on ebay and bought this lens as a replacement. Here are some examples of the Lens:

8mm

10mm

15mm

for additional examples of this lens, check out "A Day in NYC using a 8-15mm Fisheye at my Facebook Page

Re: Canon E8mm-15mm f/4L FISHEYE USM

I think your going to have lots of fun with this lens,your examples show what can be achieved, with the New york building making great use of the fish eye lens.
    Looking forward to more, very interesting.

Paul
    EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

I played with this lens at the UK Focus exhibition the other day and loved it but due to spending a lot of money on other items I declined buying one but it is on my wish list.

The photos you have taken are great and show what can be done with it.

Comment

I have had fun with mine so far
        ef-r

Comment

I haven't given mine a workout yet. We've arranged a meet at Aberdeen harbour next week and I hope to give it a good try then.
          Bob Turner
          Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

After having a wee go with Bawbee's 8-15 I have to admit that I am more than tempted to buy this lens.
            Time will tell

Mike
            www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

I played with one of these on a 1Dx and really want one. I don't need one and that is my normal criteria for buying kit, but I strongly suspect that heart will rule head on this one.

Colin
              Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                I played with one of these on a 1Dx and really want one. I don't need one and that is my normal criteria for buying kit, but I strongly suspect that heart will rule head on this one.

Colin
                You will not regret it. It is such a fun lens.

Comment

Theres a thin line between need and want - I don't need one but I want one.
                  Usually "want" over rules "need"

Mike
                  www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

I am very strong minded and disciplined and can resist anything ................... except temptation!

Colin
                    Colin

Comment

I am very strong minded and disciplined and can resist anything ................... except temptation!

Colin
                      All these posts and having seen first hand the results from Brian's I must say I am beginning to feel the serious temptation as well

Comment

Colin
                        Having seen all these posts and the results from Brian's I am also beginning to feel the temptation and am not sure that I can resist it.

Comment

Perhaps a very foolish question but here goes. Is there much of a difference in the image between 8mm and 10mm. In other words can the 10-22mm Canon give similar results as the 8mm-15mm lens? Will a difference of 2mm make much of a difference? except that the fish eye is f4 L.
                          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

The main thing is that it's a fish eye, and so doesn't render straight lines as straight.
                            Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Originally posted by Woolley View Post
                              The main thing is that it's a fish eye, and so doesn't render straight lines as straight.
                              Even the Canon or Sigma 10-22/10-20 doesn't render straight lines as straight at 10mm. So whats the big difference?
                              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
                              X