Challenge 44 - " Out of the Ordinary "

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Challenge 44 - " Out of the Ordinary "

"Out of the ordinary" in this context meaning "something special" - this was the first time our new grandson, just a few hours old, opened his eyes and saw a Canon DSLR hovering over him....

Cheers, Chris.
    Just chuggin' along.

Comment

A little something to help an ordinary evening.

Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

WOW...... Firstly, thank you so much to all that took the time to enter this one, I have been dipping in and out for days trying to make my mind up as to my own personal favorites, which were the better composed, exposed etc, and which photos just kept on popping up and whacking me right between the eyes each time I looked

I have to say that each and every photo in my opinion is great, well thought out and executed, so thank you again to all

So, on with it....

Third place for me, has to be ....

AndyA and a lovely shot, certainly out of the ordinary in both viewpoint, and great exposure also....

Second for me is........

Thndr_strck and the spider, unusual spider to me, and a great take on the subject matter, liked that :)

However, in my opinion, First place this time goes to ...............

jackielclements and her portrait of purple :) To me, this is a stunning portrait, classic lighting with a great take on the out of the ordinary theme :) but unusual enough for me to keep going back and having another look.

Well done Jackie and its over to you ......
        http://www.rpic.co.uk/
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/rich_webber_photography/
        http://www.facebook.com/richwebberphotography
        https://twitter.com/#!/rpic_rich

Comment

Congrats to all & to Jackie on the win. All the photos were well done.

Tom

Comment

Well done all, great to see the entries. :-) Looking forward to the next one.
            Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
            http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
            https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Comment

Well done Jackie a worthy winner

Comment

Yes - Well done Jackie.
                Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
                EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Comment

Well done to Jackie and all who entered.
                  Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                  Di's Flickr

Comment

Well done Jackie; a lovely picture of a lovely woman with that eerie colouring to lift it out of the ordinary. What a varied lot of entries. Thanks Richy for a provoking subject.
                    Garrett

Still struggling to see the wonder of the world around me.

450D, 18-55mm & 55-250mm kit lenses, 50mm f1.8. Canon PowerShot G12., Ixus 950IS.

Comment

A superb winner, not just because it kind of defines the brief. Congratulations.

And what a brief. My first thought was 'What? Easy, disappointingly uncertain'. And then I started thinking about it and took what I thought was the right picture. And then changed my mind and did something else... And again... Took more pictures for this than any other challenge and right up to pressing the button I wasn't sure which of two to post. So I take it all back and say what a great brief it was. Challenging and thought provoking. Easy? Pah! Not a bit of it.
                      Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

I was in the same position Woolley, not sure which image I wanted to post.

I have to say, I'm extremely surprised to have won this challenge as there were some fantastic entries. Well done to everyone and thank you for your kind words.

I'll get thinking and post a subject as soon as some inspiration takes hold.

Comment

some great photos inthisone, well done Jackie
                          EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Comment

Well done Jackie - great picture, very well executed and certainly out of the ordinary. Well done too to Richysticky for setting one of the best subjects - quite thought provoking, which I'm no good at.

Looking forward forward to the next comp, they're getting trickier to come up with I bet!

Well done all who entered - good mix of shots and different takes on the theme.

All the best, Mike.
                            flickr
                            5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Well done to all who entered and especially Jackie who won great image, I agree with Mike it was a good challange.

Ray

Comment

Well done Jackie, that gave me a chuckle - great shot! Lots of other good ones too and thanks for setting and judging Richysticky.

Comment

Working...
                                X