Loch Garten, Cairngorms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loch Garten, Cairngorms

This was taken on a recent trip to the Cairngorms. Found it quite hard to get a decent image but thought this was worth posting.

40D, Sigma 10-20, FL 10mm, Av f/16, Tv 16sec, ISO100, Manual Mode, Manual Focus, Cokin P121M.

C&C welcome

Alex

Light Over Scotland
    alex scott Photography

Re: Loch Garten, Cairngorms

The famous p121 makes a return! The shutter speed makes this I love the ethereal effect.

Rob

Comment

Great photo, well composed. Would love to see more of your work
      David

http://hotkeezphotography.blogspot.com/

Comment

I like the effect of this, but find several aspects of the composition wrong. The horizon-line is half-way which splits the image - I know rules are sometimes meant to be broken, but it doesn't seem to work here. I find the post on the left too dominant, and I'm not sure about it going out of the top of the frame like that, and the problem with using the filter is the top of the post looks darker than lower down. I'm not sure about the effect on the lower clouds due to the time of the shot. If you had taken this lower down towards the ground would you not have gotten that tall post completely in the frame?

Sorry to be so critical.
        Last edited by carregwen; 18-10-2009, 07:53. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Rob.Richards View Post
          The famous p121 makes a return! The shutter speed makes this I love the ethereal effect.

Rob
          Thanks Rob. Still got the old Cokin filters

Originally posted by hotkeez View Post
          Great photo, well composed. Would love to see more of your work
          I'll try and get some more up soon hotkeez, you could always have a look at my site in the mean time

Originally posted by carregwen View Post
          I like the effect of this, but find several aspects of the composition wrong. The horizon-line is half-way which splits the image - I know rules are sometimes meant to be broken, but it doesn't seem to work here. I find the post on the left too dominant, and I'm not sure about it going out of the top of the frame like that, and the problem with using the filter is the top of the post looks darker than lower down. I'm not sure about the effect on the lower clouds due to the time of the shot. If you had taken this lower down towards the ground would you not have gotten that tall post completely in the frame?

Sorry to be so critical.
          I wouldn't expect anything else
          We all see things differently and have our own tastes.

Thanks guys for the feedback, appreciated.
          Alex

Light Over Scotland
          alex scott Photography

Comment

Working...
          X