Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon Photographers forum .. but not for Members :-(

Hi,

There's an interesting link to Gavin Gough podcast in the EOS Magazine/Canon Photographers section (posted by Andrew Gibson).. but you can only get to it if you are not logged in. I got a permission error when I did log in and the forum has vanished!!!

By the way, had to drop the .html off the link as it gave a 404 page not found error.

Cheers,
    Dan
    “Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.” John Ruskin

Re: Canon Photographers forum .. but not for Members :-(

Thanks for the feedback. I've edited the post to removed the .html suffix.

However, I am able to access the post while logged in. Anyone else having problems?
    Robert
    robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Thanks for updating the link, it works perfectly now but I still can't see the EOS Magazine / Canon Photographers forum when logged in.

I suspect the reason why you can is because you are a super user with a higher level of access than us mere mortal normal users

Just to be clear what I did so others can try to recreate:

- make sure you are logged out of the EOS forum
      - on the main page http://www.eos-forums.com/ navigate to EOS Magazine / Canon photographers
      - try to reply to Andrew Gibson post 'Gavin Gough interview', you'll be asked to log in so enter your credentials and wait to be redirected.

It was at this point I got the following:
      Dan, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
      1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
      2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

- if you now navigate back to the main page, the Canon photographers forum has vanished !!

Hope this helps to find the problem,
      Dan
      “Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.” John Ruskin

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        Thanks for updating the link, it works perfectly now but I still can't see the EOS Magazine / Canon Photographers forum when logged in.
        Dan
        I've tested this with two different member accounts I have (not the super moderator account I am using now!) and have not been able to replicate the error you describe.

Is anyone else encountering this problem?
        Robert
        robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

How strange

I thought it might be a browser problem, I use Mac + Safari, but just tried using Firefox and get the same problem. Will try with Windows + IE tomorrow at work and let you know.

Comment

Ok, so here goes ... I didn't get a chance to test with Windows + IE at work today but I did get my wife to register this evening and this is what we found:

No user logged in = forum visible
            Registered new user (pending activation e-mail) = forum still visible
            Activated new user but pending validation e-mail) = forum still visible
            Received activation e-mail = forum vanished!!

It's all very strange and this one is really puzzling me .. like an insolvable sudoku puzzle but worse

Would welcome any other member try just if only to prove I'm not going completely mad

Comment

Just came across this thread, so thought I'd listen to the podcast. I'm logged in, so look for the sub-forum mentioned, could not find it. Log out, look for the sub-forum - aha, there it is. Click on the thread, listen to the podcast - great! Go back to the sub-forum page, log-in, lo & behold I'm told I do not have sufficient privileges Look for the sub-forum - it has vanished! Very strange.

PC, Vista home premium 64bit, Firefox 3.5.4.
              Last edited by Keith (M); 05-11-2009, 20:31. Reason: Clarity
              Regards,
              Keith (M)
              LRPS

My Monochrome Site
              Street Life Album
              Photography Home Page

Comment

I've made an adjustment to the settings for cookies. Please try again and see if the login errors still occur.
                Andrew
                www.eos-magazine.com

Comment

Sorry, only just getting round to this now!!

Keith, thanks for the confirmation that I'm not going mad

Andrew, unfortunately the problem still exists for me. Would it help if you had access to my account? Also happy to be contacted direct if that helps too - we could exchange tel numbers via e-mail?

Comment

Working...
                  X