Going South - A Holiday Photo Safari

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going South - A Holiday Photo Safari

I just got back yesterday from a 5-day long weekend break here in the Philippines. I and my shooting buddies were blessed with the "good light" and tides. Join me as I take you to our journey through my photographs.

Canon 5Dmk2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L mk2 | Hoya ND16 | Hoya HD CPL | Lee 0.9/0.6 HE/SE Grads
    This is the famous “Joshua Tree” of Pagbilao, Quezon (Southern Luzon). It has gained a fair amount of visitor particularly landscape photographers ever since the "Chasing Light Landscape Photography Workshop" started back in 2009.

Canon 5Dmk2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L mk2 | 2xHoya ND16's | Hoya HD CPL | Lee 0.6 SE Grad
    A 30-minute boat ride from the Padre Burgos dock lead us to this spot know as the "Magasawang Bato" or "Rock Couple". The place is spawned by sea urchins as seen at the bottom of the photograph.

"THE AVENGING LIGHT"
    Canon 5Dmk2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L mk2 | Hoya HD CPL | Lee 0.9/0.6 HE/SE Grads

This is Payong Payong Point in Nasugbu, Batangas - home to a huge iconic rock made famous by fellow landscape photographers.
    With the perfect tide level, it could have been a perfect sunset shot with the presence of rushing clouds.

Canon 5Dmk2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L mk2 | Hoya ND16 | Hoya HD CPL | Lee 0.9/0.6 HE/SE Grads
    The coast line of Nasugbu, Batangas is perfect for wave painting and misty effect coastal photography. Here's one taken at Layag Layag Point reachable via a short 15-minute boat ride from Brgy. Papaya. The tides were much lower than my first visit back in 2010 allowing us to get a closer shot of the rock formation.
    RODEL JOSELITO B. MANABAT
    500px | Facebook | Flickr | Giving Light

Re: Going South - A Holiday Photo Safari

I think if I had to pick a fave it would be number three
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by DeeGee View Post
      I think if I had to pick a fave it would be number three
      Yep, my personal favourite too :-) Thanks mate

Comment

MAGASAWANG BATO
        Padre Burgos, Quezon

LAYAG LAYAG POINT
        Nasugbu, Batangas

Pagbilao, Quezon

Comment

Wow, stunning photos taken in beautiful light.
          Colin

Colin Wallace Photography

Canon 5D MKIII / 24-105L F4 USM IS / 70-300L F4 USM IS

Comment

I think they are all fantastic - thanks for posting - superb work - well done

Comment

four & five would be my choice, very inspiring shots!!!
              Alun

Comment

A superb set of pics. Wonderful light, foregrounds, background, sky. How come all I get on hols is the missus siting on a grotty wall in Tenby. Joking apart wonderful work.
                Cheers
                Treff

Comment

what an amazing set of landscapes!! very inspiring. well done and thanks for sharing
                  regards
                  Donald

Comment

Thank you for all your appreciation.

Here's a few more...

Padre Burgos, Quezon
                    Canon 5Dmk2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L | Hoya ND 16 | Hoya HD CPL | Hoya ND16 | Lee 0.9/0.6 Grads

Layag Layag Point
                    Canon 5Dmk2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L | Hoya ND 16 | Hoya HD CPL | Lee 0.9/0.6 Grads

Payong Point
                    Canon 5Dmk2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L | Hoya HD CPL | Lee Big Stopper | Lee 0.6 SE GND
                    Last edited by Rodelicious; 12-04-2012, 23:51.

Comment

yet more fantastic shots.
                      can you share the settings you used? do you use the "bulb" setting for your landscapes?
                      I have dabbled a bit with landscapes/coastal shots, not yet plucked up the courage to try that yet. I will do though as I now have a couple of ND grads.
                      David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
                      All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkeez View Post
                        yet more fantastic shots.
                        can you share the settings you used? do you use the "bulb" setting for your landscapes?
                        I have dabbled a bit with landscapes/coastal shots, not yet plucked up the courage to try that yet. I will do though as I now have a couple of ND grads.
                        i usually shoot no longer than 30-sec with the proper gear (i.e. filters, etc.) and right light. The filters i used are CPL, two pcs. 4-stop ND16 (I stack them when necessary, and Lee grads.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the info Rodel.
                          Really enjoy your photos.
                          David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
                          All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

I am very envious - well done.

Colin
                            Colin

Comment

Thank you for sharing your superb photos. I like them all as I can't choose a favourite. I was particularly interested in the use of your 16-35mm lens as I have a 17-35mm f2.8L lens You have therefore given me targets to aim at with my lens.
                              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
                              X