Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lightweight tripod advice

Originally posted by anderson.council View Post
    Just saw this after I replied. I guess you have been using this for some time now S_J_T - I've only just got mine so it's still reasonably "tight" maybe it loosens over time?
    Actually I have three! (two small ones which are ideal for compact cameras plus the Zoom) You're right, they do slacken-up in use, but my major issues with the 'pods are their limited base, meaning that if you can't physically attach it to something it tends to topple over, and the lack of rigidity allowing the camera to shake, especially in windy conditions. I also find that even when wrapped around something there still tends to be some movement.

Don't get me wrong, they're clever and have a place in my bag, it's just that for long-lenses I think they're woefully inadequate, and that there are better alternatives for similar cost and at a similar weight available.
    Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Working...
    X