Image size for posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image size for posting

I must be getting this all wrong. I have exported from elements 8 pictures and selected max quality but the smallest pixel size offered (240x320). The attachements window says I should restrict the file size to 19.7kb. Some of these pictures are stored at 12MB!
    Even with this tiny pixel size my files are 5-10 xs the size I'm targeting. So I've uploaded anyway and I fear the result will be useless.

Some kind people are asking to see examples of quality problems I'm getting with my 7D - how do I show them without destroying the quality when I upload?

Can anyone help?

thanks

Re: Image size for posting

I use infraview and downsize my pictures. But you may be better linking your pictures from flickr or photobucket.

Try this:- Clickity
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

Convert to jpg format and max size 800 pixels on the longest side; ie 800x600

Comment

I've checked, there isn't a rule that says 800 px wide - there are tons of images on this forum much wider.
        I think reasonable people accept that if they are using small screens or old equipment, it can negatively impact on thier viewing of the web as a whole, not just this site.

Slightly Off topic: The rule I'm most keen to see enforced is posting images taken by someone else with no credit to the photographer.
        You expect that kind of behavior on facebook, not on a photography forum.

Comment

Working...
        X