DVD problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD problem

I hope this the correct place to raise this matter. I recently bought one of the EOS 60d DVD guides and find that I do not get any picture on my TV screen. I have a HD Hitachi TV + HD Sky & a Sanyo DVD player. The Sanyo player was bought a few years ago and worked very well with my Analogue TV. But when I move to St.Asaph, I went in for the HD TV etc. I have changed the scart lead as well but still I have no picture. The DVD works fine via my computer hard drive. Any ideas from the expert IT members as to what is my problem. The Sanyo DVD player is in very good,prestine condition and I must say that it is the first time I tried to use it after June 2011. Do I have to buy a DVD player that works with a HD TV set?

Many thanks
    Nathaniel
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: DVD problem

Nathaniel,
    I don't have that make of TV or DVD player, but I think you may need to select the input 'source' from your TV's menu. On our Samsung TV, the scart appears as 'Ext'.

Hope that helps.
    Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
    http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
    https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Comment

Nat - I concur with Andy. The input source button on the remote should bring up something like AV1, AV2, HDMI etc. I think you should choose one of the AV options, whichever is connected to the scart lead, to link up with the DVD player. At least, that's how my LG TV works.

Ian
      EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Comment

Just an idea ... try reversing the scart lead. What is in the DVD player put in the TV and vise versa.
        Are there any switches on the scart lead?

Comment

Your DVD player should be fine and not need replacing unless it’s broken. Then you'll be looking at a Blu-Ray player (which will do DVD as well).

So a) check the lead hasn't come out (Stephen's suggestion will do that) and then b) as per the previous suggestion you may need to manually select the source (auto-selection might not be functioning or even unavailable on your TV for SCART connectors). Oh and as our help desk would helpfully suggest ... make sure the DVD is switched on

I've recently moved totally to Panasonic so the various boxes talk to each other. I had to buy a 5-port Ethernet Switch as well ... and run the Ethernet over the mains [HomePlug] to my office where the main comms are located. I recall writing a paper in the 90's describing the possibility of TV and Computer convergence ... took a while but we are here.

Comment

Thanks guys for all your suggestions. I had to manually select the input AV1 as per advice and everything is working fine now.

Regards.
            Nathaniel
            Last edited by Nathaniel; 24-05-2012, 18:01. Reason: Forgot to be more specific
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
            X