Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SanDisk CompactFlash Cards

Hi,

I am trying to find an outlet for a SanDisk CompactFlash 2GB Extreme III card, but cannot see much on the web. Those I have found are quite pricey and wanted to ask if anyone could point me to an outlet that they use? I have however seen that the 4GB Extreme II cards are cheaper than the 2GB ones. Would anyone know if this card is suitable for a 400D? (Forgive my ignorance as I have only used the 2GB cards before). Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Shaun

Re: SanDisk CompactFlash Cards

Hi Shaun
    Try 7 Day Shop .com they do a 4gb Extreme 111 for £19.99 delivered, not sure if they do the 2gb one anymore .
    Robert

Comment

The 4GB Extreme III version is only £16.99 on Amazon
      rhodopsin The fat bloke with the camera stuck to his face, well actually I was born with it.

Comment

Play.com is £16.99 inc delivery for 4gb

Cashback from over 400 brands all on one platform. Shop with Rakuten & stack offers with discounts, voucher codes and cashback for great savings at top brands.

Comment

I have about 15 of these 4gb cards, never had a problem. I've had Kingstone CF card die on me, lost 8gb of pictures. Ever a pro recovery store couldn't do anything and that pleasure cost me £70. So I will never use anything apart from Sandisk.

Comment

Thanks for all of your comments - really appreciated. I will now get the 4gb card.

Shaun

Comment

Amazon are now also £16.99!
              5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

I use Sandisk Extreme III. They will work with a 400D, though I normally use them with my 40D and use Transcend 4GB with my 400D. Purely so I don't get them mixed up. If you use the same card in two different cameras you may mix the numbering up.

Comment

While on the subject does anyone know if the Sandisk 4GB Extreme III will work on my 10D? (Yes I know it's an old DSLR but it's what I have)
                  John

Comment

Originally posted by johnatj View Post
                    While on the subject does anyone know if the Sandisk 4GB Extreme III will work on my 10D? (Yes I know it's an old DSLR but it's what I have)
                    John
                    No reason why it won't - but you won't get any particular "speed" benefit from the Extreme III because the 10D simply can't write the data that fast to the card...
                    I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
                    Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Thanks Canon-Fodder
                      John

Comment

I think there is CF type 1 & 2, I'm not sure if the 10D supports type 2
                        Might be worth double checking ?
                        Millie

Comment

Originally posted by Millie View Post
                          I think there is CF type 1 & 2, I'm not sure if the 10D supports type 2
                          Might be worth double checking ?
                          Millie
                          Good point - The 10D supports Type II cards...
                          I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
                          Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Originally posted by johnatj View Post
                            John
                            Yes, it does. Newly Formatted, it holds 649 RAW or an awful lot of jpegs (can't be too specific as the display only goes up to 999, but to give you an idea, a "clean" 2Gb Extreme III shows 809 Large "superfine" jpegs
                            “If you're gonna be a maniac, pyro's not a good maniac.” Larry David
                            "Go ahead and play The Blues if it'll make you happy". Homer J. Simpson
                            "War, children, it's just a shot away... Love, sister, it's just a kiss away". Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
                            "I was in the band, ok. The girls were pretty interested, you know, with the guitar. They liked that.” Larry David

EOS 5D, 24-105L, 430EXII, G11

Comment

Working...
                            X