Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: which lens would you recomend ?

Originally posted by jeff2909 View Post
    I have the sigma 105mm. It is a great lens, I have had no problems with it. I use with tubes and 1.4 ext and it works great.
    Interesting. I have the 105 and a 1.4 ext but never thought to use them together (I use the ext for my 70-200 DG). Sigma don't list the 105 on their compatibility table, for some reason. http://www.sigma-photo.co.jp/english...q/condaitr.htm Do you only get manual focus?
    Last edited by carregwen; 04-09-2009, 06:22.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff2909 View Post
      I have the sigma 105mm. It is a great lens, I have had no problems with it. I use with tubes and 1.4 ext and it works great. I would say if you are going to shoot butterfly's or dragon's to look at the sigma 150 or a 180mm macro
      Interesting. What order do you attach them when you are using extenders and tubes together?
      Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
        Interesting. What order do you attach them when you are using extenders and tubes together?
        Maybe he means he uses them both but not together? I have that kit so I might try it. The tubes would have to go on the camera first, then the extender?

Comment

I dont think you mention the camera body? I would agree with the other comments if you are using full frame but if you have an EF-S body (e.g. 400D, 40D, etc), the Canon EF-S 60mm is superb...
          www.garywhite-photography.com
          Gary White, MPhil
          Travel Photographer

Comment

Originally posted by carregwen View Post
            Maybe he means he uses them both but not together? I have that kit so I might try it. The tubes would have to go on the camera first, then the extender?
            I might give it a go too – Body|Tubes|Extender|Lens
            Dave

Comment

I use the Sigma 105mm and have been really happy with the shots for macro and potraits etc. For me cost was an issue and it came out quite a bit cheaper than the canon. However that said the internal focusing of the canon would be really helpful in macro work - but you also have to purchase your lens hood seperately! The best thing is if you can afford to look at a few, then try them out !

Does that help? Have a look in my gallery as there as some macro taken with the Sigma including the flower and bee and the CD's and water droplets...

Rob

Comment

I've used the Tamron 90mm and it's a fantastically sharp lens
                Canon 5D & 40D, Canon 50mm f1.4, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-200L f4 IS, Canon 135L f2

Comment

The Tamron 90mm is a classic lens
                  www.garywhite-photography.com
                  Gary White, MPhil
                  Travel Photographer

Comment

Working...
                  X