Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What printer should I choose ?

Hi all just a quick question

I have looked in the search section for an answer but there seems to be a lot of outdated stuff there so here goes

I am using an Epson Stylus Photo Printer RX585 and I think I get good quality prints from it but since I have bought a Canon EOS 1100D I would like to step up to an A3 Printer

I have narrowed my choice down to two the first is the Epson 1500

And the second is a Canon Pixma IX6550

What would you choose ?

Thanks Lee

Re: What printer should I choose ?

I had the Canon and got some very good results for it, if you only want it for photos then it is great but as with all the printers it can be thirsty on ink and if you are like me using only Canon genuine ink it got expensive. I didn't try 3rd party ink but I know people have and also get good results.

Comment

I have an older Canon i9950 A3+ printer and it still produces exhibition quality prints, using Canon paper and inks. Part of me wishes it would die, so I could buy a nice shiny new Canon Pixma, but another part of me is so pleased at the value for money.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

I use a Pro9000 Mk 2 as it was £100 off in my pro dealer with another £100 cashback. I use Canon inks and either Canon or Fuji paper for colour prints. But its mainly used for printing OS maps on Xerox 'regular' A3 paper. The printer is quite substantially built and takes quite a large footprint on a dedicated stand.

Comment

Thanks MX5, Colin C & Muscat

I have gone for the Canon Pixma it seems that my problem now is finding one lol am in Edinburgh and I have to go to Kirkcaldy to pick on up it is about a 57 mile round trip

They seem to be like Hens Teeth lol

Thanks for the replies boys

Cheers Lee

Comment

i used to have Canon Pixma MX377 All-in-One Inkjet for a year now...and it works well...it makes my everyday printing, copying and scanning easier than ever before...

Comment

I am too looking to invest in a printer. Specifically for photography, and able to do large prints. There seem to be a few different Canon Pixma around. Which would you recommend?
              Regards
              Mazz
              “Seeing is not enough; you have to feel what you photograph” – Andre Kertesz
              http://smphotography.foliopic.com/

Comment

Working...
              X