The New Issue - Wet and Soggy!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The New Issue - Wet and Soggy!!!!

Saw the postman deliver the new issue today, grabbed it off the mat, tore the plastic off and................the plastic had failed, all the pages soggy, stuck together and impossible to read. Such a disappointment

I have e mailed the mag and hope something can be sorted

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Re: The New Issue - Wet and Soggy!!!!

Mine is nice and dry but not quite pristine as the bottom left hand corner got "damaged" as it dropped through the letter box. Looks like some "heavy reading" tonight. Just as well as the TV is absolute rubbish, unless you like Coronation Street... which I don't but have to so it will be head in magazine and please turn down the TV so I can concentrate on something that is intellectual.

David
    David

Comment

Mine is nice and dry but not quite pristine as the bottom left hand corner got "damaged" as it dropped through the letter box.
      At least you will be able to read it - I might be able to salvage bits of the articles lol

UPDATE - just received an e mail - another copy in the post - Big thanks to Caron Harrison at the magazine

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Mine arrived too, nice and dry ...
        Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
        Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Got mine on the iPad tonight! No problems with the rain there guys.

Really enjoyable read as always, just wish I didn't read it all in one night. Most helpful thing was regarding software support for a scanner, never heard of www.hamrick.com for old scanners, brilliant site and my old scanner is back in business!
          Mike

Canon 1D MKIV, Canon 7D, Canon EF300 F2.8, Canon 70-200 2.8 IS Mk II, Canon 17-55 IS, Canon EF100 F2.8, Canon 1.4 TC MKIII, 580 ex flashgun - yongnuo yn-565ex

www.MGSportsImages.co.uk

Comment

Aren't Hamrick the authors of Vuescan?
            Bob Turner
            Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

That correct bob, something I'd never heard of but I've never been a big scanner user and my old umax hasn't worked since the windows ME days!
              Mike

Canon 1D MKIV, Canon 7D, Canon EF300 F2.8, Canon 70-200 2.8 IS Mk II, Canon 17-55 IS, Canon EF100 F2.8, Canon 1.4 TC MKIII, 580 ex flashgun - yongnuo yn-565ex

www.MGSportsImages.co.uk

Comment

Woop! That works on my lovely old Canon N676U. It's asking me to purchase the software, but it seems to work without it. I can't find anything in the help files, anybody know if paying $39.95 does anything more than switching off the splash screen? Will it stop working after a certain number of days/copies?
                Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Got mine round lunchtime, nice and dry and in good order, the only. Trouble is I have just about read it all, had to stop to go and fly the indoor helicopter but now will finish it off.

Must say I do like the IR article.

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
                    Must say I do like the IR article.
                    Yes, it was good, and some impressive images.
                    Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
                    Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Excellent news Stan ................ mine is in perfect condition.

Though, on initial examination I didn't think it was up to it's usual high standard.

• Welcome and News were as good and informative as usual.

• McLaren was excellent. I am an F1 fan and McLaren is my favourite team, so that was a real bonus.

• Two Olympics articles were "of interest" and no doubt topical, but not very special for me.

• I always enjoy new products articles and understanding any new technology and improvements. Probably because I am a "Tackle Tart".

• Digital Infra Red ........... wow. This was going to be my next photography project. So much info for me to soak up and great timing.

• Technique on Focus Speed is another wow. Autofocus points on pro cameras another big bonus, especially as I am setting the very same up on my new body at the moment. Brilliant timing again.

• Shift technique was another superb article. I recently had a difficult choice between buying an 8 - 15mm fisheye, or the 17mm T&S. The fisheye won by a narrow margin, but the 17mm T&S is now firmly at the top of the wish list, so that was great article for the near future.

• Battery grips was very interesting, not strictly relevant to my 1 series, but it very much held my attention.

• I loved How Was It Shot.. Superb original photography.

Without going into more detail, I thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the Mag. From my initial slight disappointment, it has ended up being much better than I could reasonably expect. Well done all.

Colin
                      Last edited by colin C; 16-07-2012, 22:29.
                      Colin

Comment

Originally posted by Woolley View Post
                        Woop! That works on my lovely old Canon N676U. It's asking me to purchase the software, but it seems to work without it. I can't find anything in the help files, anybody know if paying $39.95 does anything more than switching off the splash screen? Will it stop working after a certain number of days/copies?
                        Until you buy and register it any scans will have "Demo" or somesuch across the image file.
                        Regards ,
                        Norman

Comment

Ah, thanks. Hadn't actually tried a full scan, just tested that it worked. Not sure I see the point, then, I could nearly buy a new scanner for the cost of the software
                          Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                            Saw the postman deliver the new issue today, grabbed it off the mat, tore the plastic off and................the plastic had failed, all the pages soggy, stuck together and impossible to read. Such a disappointment

I have e mailed the mag and hope something can be sorted

Stan
                            Its the 'under water issue'...its a cracking read Stan

Comment

Paying the $39:95 removes the water mark that is otherwise added to every thing you save and/or print. I have purchased the $79:95 version it works well with my HP5200C (which does not have support for windows 7 from HP). The .pdf files are readable with Adobe Acrobat and picture files are in .tiff or .jpg both are as good as the original software produced. It certainly works for me.
                              Ian

Comment

Working...
                              X