Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Canon Announce a Mirrorless Camera

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
    One wonders if there will be an EOS-MX (pro orientated, with viewfinder, thumb wheel, and easier use in manual - like Nikon do with the J1 and V1 to some extent)? It does seem a lot of dosh for what is an EOS 650 sensor in a smaller package.
    Will there be a EOS-MXV version in the future ?????
    David

Comment

Originally posted by djguk47 View Post
      Sort of VW EOS meets Mazda MX5 ... in fact this is a nice EOS ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/martynosman/2261287318/ (Click since it isn't my photo or yacht).

Comment

Originally posted by djguk47 View Post
        How about an EOS MX V Mk. III?

Let's work with what Canon can offer us now, before speculating.
        Bob Turner
        Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

Eos m RS with racing stripes -)

Comment

I was looking forward to the mirrorless offering but without a viewfinder & pop up flash,articulated screen (pushing it a bit) I wont be buying.
            Thought it may be similar but smaller to the Panasonic G5 4/3 which is a bit smaller than the 650D.
            I suppose the Eos M mkll is already being prepared.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevoreast View Post
              It hasn't got a proper viewfinder, I've never had much luck using LCD screens.
              Originally posted by chrise17 View Post
              I was looking forward to the mirrorless offering but without a viewfinder & pop up flash,articulated screen (pushing it a bit) I wont be buying.
              Being "mirrorless" then obviously there is no viewfinder.

from Canon website:
              The quality of a digital SLR in a compact body ...
              .. Capture images that are packed with clarity and colour and can be printed at sizes up to A2 in amazing detail. An APS-C sized 18-megapixel sensor is of the same dimensions as those used in EOS DSLRs, and offers the same superb image quality
              Link
              Is this the end of the DSLR?
              Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
              Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Hereford_EOS View Post
                Being "mirrorless" then obviously there is no viewfinder.
                Stephen - there are mirrorless cameras (Olympus and Nikon) were you have the option to look through a hole on the back of the camera - its called an electronic viewfinder and what you see is an electronic image. Rather than through the lens with the help of a mirror.

This is much better than trying to see detail looking at the back of an LCD on a sunny day.
                For that matter it doesn't even need to be that sunny.

Hope the helps

Trev
                Last edited by Trevoreast; 24-07-2012, 22:45.

Comment

Stephen - there are mirrorless cameras (Olympus and Nikon) were you have the option to look through a hole on the back of the camera - its called an electronic viewfinder and what you see is an electronic image. Rather than through the lens with the help of a mirror.

Hope the helps

Trev
                  Thanks Trev.
                  I only read the Canon spec.

Can't see this camera type replacing the DSLR but certainly Canon are filling a void in their range.
                  Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                  Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

I am with you Quentin. I am struggling to see the benefits if you already have an SLR.

Comment

Many of us with DSLR also have a G-series as a backup. I can see the EOS-M having the potential to take over that role from the G-series ... if only it had a viewfinder ... why ... well because it'll take your EF lenses. I'll be watching out for a comparison with the G1X (and even G12).

Comment

EOS-M and 800mm f/5.6
                        Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Can't see this camera type replacing the DSLR but certainly Canon are filling a void in their range
                          I agree.

The problem for me is I want to be able to easily change my AV and TV and ISO while looking through the viewfinder as the "action" is occuring.
                          These small cameras require you to use menus to do this. On this eos M you'd have to hit the Q button and prod the back of the LCD to change these key values. This would distract me from the subject.

Trev

Comment

I agree.

The problem for me is I want to be able to easily change my AV and TV and ISO while looking through the viewfinder as the "action" is occuring.
                            These small cameras require you to use menus to do this. On this eos M you'd have to hit the Q button and prod the back of the LCD to change these key values. This would distract me from the subject.

Trev
                            Actually, it's easier than that with the M. The ISO and exposure mode are displayed on the screen, so you don't need the Q menu to access them - just press them on screen, and you can then make changes directly.
                            Please don't ask about my kit, it's embarrassing!

Comment

IMO i think it's nice to see a new Canon no viewfinder & Mirrorless Cameras coming out just like Samsung new camera touch screen with facebook and Wifi and also Sony

What i like to see is no-viewfinder & mirrorless Cameras on a DSLR from Canon in future with touch screen & Wifi i would be the first to buy it if it was to become true, I understand at some point why people use the viewfinder & mirrors in dslr, but time is changing, and we are still using dslr bricks cameras i think Canon as got it right this time it better to take a picture with two eyes than one, also now i think Canon should change the DSLR cameras from old technology viewfinder & mirrors and make way for the future on mirrorless Cameras But for those who can't live without old tech (Viewfinder) maybe there could be a popup for them.

I remember the time on the forums when Canon change the LCD screens to a flip out screen on their cameras and everyone whining about it, and then the body of the new 60D change from metal to polycarbonate making it smaller & lighter for new customers again everyone was whining, i am just waiting when Canon do release the No DSLR viewfinder & mirrorless how much Whining do you think there will be on the forums then?

I only use my DSLR camera without the (Viewfinder) has i see with two eyes not with one yes it's a little slow at times but who cares it just pictures.
                              Last edited by Michael.K; 07-12-2012, 14:07.
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelkphotowork/

Comment

Originally posted by nickorando View Post
                                Actually, it's easier than that with the M. The ISO and exposure mode are displayed on the screen, so you don't need the Q menu to access them - just press them on screen, and you can then make changes directly.
                                You have to prod the back of the screen to make changes, when you test one like I did yesterday you'll find you can't always see the screen easily.
                                Lovely gadget, don't get me wrong if someone gave me one I'd be chuffed to bits, I wouldn't buy one with my own cash though.

Trev

Comment

Working...
                                X