Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon Pixma Pro 9000 Mark II - views please

Hi All,

My Epson stylus photo R1800 A3+ printer finally died and became unviable after 6 years of heavy use (now a discontinued model, genuine inks were becoming rarer and expensive and the heads constantly blocking and becoming difficult to retrieve).
    Therefore, I decided to invest in the Canon PIXMA 9000 Pro mk2, which is being delivered tomorrow. I shall only use Canon ink and Canon paper (or high quality alternative paper).
    Some of you have been running the printer for 2 years + now and I wondered if you had any long term 'pros and cons' to share?

Cheers

Gary
    www.garywhite-photography.com
    Gary White, MPhil
    Travel Photographer

Re: Canon Pixma Pro 9000 Mark II - views please

It weighs a lot and takes quite a bit of space. I have mine shared (with USB to an external HDD that provides a Print Server). Quite expensive to run if you do ad hoc printing (I think the machine 'cleans' the print nozzles each time it is powered on ... and so uses ink for 'nothing'). I do batches of A3 maps most ... and some pictures when asked. Might seem expensive for what I do with it ... but I got a heavy discount at my Pro Shop plus £100 cashback ... so it made sense.

Just make sure you have a stock of spare ink cartridges (one of each) just in case. I shop around online for the best deals for Canon inks. I mainly use Canon paper for prints ... but Fuji Premium Plus is also okay (maps get plain Xerox paper).

Comment

Re: Canon Pixma Pro 9000 Mark II - views please

I have had a 9000 mk1 since it came out years ago and it has been a very good printer and superb quality, I use this for my A3 work plans too, so invested in a CIS to reduce the cost of the inks which are at best around £100 for genuine canon, the quality suffers very slightly but I dont print expo quality prints that I want to last for 100 years, so its a price im willing to pay. Since changing to a CIS the cost per A3 print is down to a few pennies which for me is far more affordable.

Comment

Working...
      X